Oil injection block off... Proper install????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked46

On my 97 GTX with the Rotax 787, I just installed the block off plate to the new motor. I cannot find a clear-cut answer on what to do with the remaining oil lines. I did what I thought to be right but I think I did something wrong. Rather then keeping the tank lines hooked to the motor, I removed them and blocked off the oil tank. I then filled the crankcase with a little oil, and connected a piece of the oil line hose on both sides of the crankcase fittings to tie/block them together. Is this ok or did I not do it correctly?

Really?, because SBT's website and a lot of forums ive seen regarding this mod (with other cc Sea-doo's) makes it seem like I may have done something wrong

Easiest way to block off with rotary protection is just to remove the oil pump, take out oil pump shaft and put oil pump back on. Leave all oil lines hooked up and keep a little oil in the injection tank. Pre-mix your fuel 40:1.

Main thing is to keep rotary lubed.

Timmy's right, make sure those lines are full and they remain full just to make sure valve is getting lubrication.

I apologize for my ignorance but I really don't know much about these Rotax engines. When you say injection tank, you mean the main oil tank above the gas tank right? So by keeping the oil lines full, your actually filling the bottom of the crankcase with oil??

When I think 2-stroke, I think of an oil-less crankcase. What am I not understanding

I apologize for my ignorance but I really don't know much about these Rotax engines. When you say injection tank, you mean the main oil tank above the gas tank right? So by keeping the oil lines full, your actually filling the bottom of the crankcase with oil??

When I think 2-stroke, I think of an oil-less crankcase. What am I not understanding

No worries..:cheers::cheers:
Your right, oilless crankcase, but theres a cavity inside the casing, where the RV assy( rotary valve assy) is located, it needs oil. No oil there, you'll seize/sheer some teeth on gear and bearing/s...

No worries..:cheers::cheers:
Your right, oilless crankcase, but theres a cavity inside the casing, where the RV assy( rotary valve assy) is located, it needs oil. No oil there, you'll seize/sheer some teeth on gear and bearing/s...

Ok, this is starting to make some sense now thank-you!! :cheers:

So, by adding the oil through the line like I did, did I just fill up that cavity in the crankcase? Why do some people say I MUST have the oil tank full, and the line still attached??

Ok, this is starting to make some sense now thank-you!! :cheers:

So, by adding the oil through the line like I did, did I just fill up that cavity in the crankcase? Why do some people say I MUST have the oil tank full, and the line still attached??

Whatever, "floats there boat"...but yah, you filled up the cavity, if anything, may need to zip-tie line up, so not rest'n on motor...:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back