Oil in hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

laze

For some reason i see oil mix with water inside my hull.. I know the water is from me cleaning the engine.. But where's the most common place to check for oil leaks?

I would check the oil injector tank for dripping oil from the hose connections on the bottom of the of the tank. The grommet that holds the hoses sometimes dribbles when it gets old. If not there check ALL the hose connections. Keep us posted.

Karl

To me it looks like the starting of the leak is around under my gas tank.. But on the oil tank.. I dont see anything dripping.

Is it Gas or Oil? There shouldn't be oil under the fuel tank...You really need to check ALL the lines and sources, gas and oil. You don't want either in the hull of your seadoo. It should be clean and dry.

Karl

I think i know where its dripping from.. I notice when i left up my trailer.. so water could get out my hull.. I seen a very small drip of oil coming from the middle of the oil tank.. Like where the line divieds from top part of oil tank and bottom part. It only leaks a bit if i put up my trailer.. OR maybe jumping waves.. You think i could get something to seal it all around or i need a new a oil tank?

You might look in the phone book for a company that can "weld Plastic" They are around and can do a great job. It actually melts the plastic and repairs the seam split. Let us know how you make out.

Karl

i repaired the oil tank on my speedster. bottom mount hole leaked. propane torch-VERY BRIEF on tank. mebbe 1 to 2 seconds at a time. then you use filler plastic. the plastic you use is old milk jug. it is the same stuff. high density polyethelyne. HDPE. before you try; price the oil tank new. my (girlfriends son's-it's really only mine when it breaks) speedster oil tank was around $75. be ready to spend the price if you mess up and melt it. but to pay someone else to repair it would probly be more than it is worth compared to a new one. our oil tank is starting it's second year of use with the repair, so if you get lucky and hit it right it isn't a short-term fix. any glue you put on it IS a very short-term repair. good luck.

I have done the same repair and had great results...you can't tell it was repaired...You need to be real familiar with the use of propane torch...if not you get a huge puddle of plastic...and a new tank the hard way.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back