Oil in hull

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AsacNJ

So I went out to my 1999 GSX limited and opened the hatch to find like a quart of fresh oil where the screenbailers go. Have not used the ski in weeks???

Out of no where just all leaked out. Oil res still filled not sure where it’s originating from.

So I went out to my 1999 GSX limited and opened the hatch to find like a quart of fresh oil where the screenbailers go. Have not used the ski in weeks???

Out of no where just all leaked out. Oil res still filled not sure where it’s originating from.
If there is no obvious leak then I would clean everything the best I could and and keep and eye on it? Eventually it will be obvious? or check/tighten everything that oil passes through. good luck

If you have the long plastic oil reservoir, they are notorious for cracking along the seam against the gas tank, you can't see it,,,so they leak to that point, once in a blue moon they crack along the bottom,,,then all the oil comes out,
If its a 785, I believe the oil seal on the rotary valve can leak....I doubt its a bad clamp on a oil line, super rare or a cracked oil line,,,but,,,anything can happen with seadoos,

If its yhe tank, and you want to save money, there are threads to repair the seam using pvc plastic to weld the seam,,,I am 1 for 2 on this, last one didn't leak and saved me over $100 canadian,,,I have developed my own method that modifies the thread.

Wrap a paper towel around the oil line to the pump and zip tie it there. Give it a day or so then go back. If it's soaked there's a good chance your tank grommet is leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back