Oil/Fuel Line Replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingbucks

I am planning to replace the oil and fuel lines on my 97 gtx. They are original. I have good rubber line and new original oeticker clamps. I have two questions. Will any ear clamp crimp pliers work and do any box stores carry them? If not. What should I buy and where? Secondly, the ski runs excellent with no issues. Should I do anything to the carbs while I’m doing this? I hear about the little filters inside getting clogged up.

I would absolutely do the carbs with genuine Mikuni kits and needle and seats. Don’t replace the springs. The only oil lines that need to be replaced are the small 3/32” ones from the oil pump to the intake manifold.

I use high quality zip ties instead of clamps on the fuel lines but if you want to use the okitier ones you can buy tile nipper pliers.

So there's no reason to replace the 1/2" clear line from oil tank to pump? Also, what about the cable? Isn't it a potential problem as well?

No reason to replace those lines unless they have a cut. The cable is also not a concern unless it is tight or frayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back