Oil Bypass Quick Questions..

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kozzy4444

Hi Seadoo forum, I plan to do the bypass on my '00 Speedster this evening. I bought all the parts from boats.net however I want to know if its absolutely mandatory to do the "screw" on the engine block from the line coming from main tank (Qty 1 of 22-73379 Plug (crankcase pressure to main oil tank))? Or can I just leave it hooked up as-is? This will be easier to convert it back if I ever sell it. What am I risking by leaving this main line hooked up?

Also, how do you recommend I "prime" the engine with premix gas after I remove the oil pump? I don't want to engine to burn up from the few mins it take the premix fuel to work its way through the system...

Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks! :thumbsup:

-Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
you should plug the hole to avoid any issues with low crankcase pressure (if the plugged hose leaks). Drain the VST & refill with premixed fuel. I recommend you pull the top off the VST & replace the filter at the bottom of the high pressure fuel pump if it has never been done. You will need a new VST cover o-ring for that project as well.

Did the bypass last night and ran the boat today. Ran great!

I did notice more water in the engine compartment and me needing to turn on the bilge pump more than once (never really had to turn it on prior to this however I've only owned the boat 2 months and only been out ~8 times). Did I miss something? Maybe something silly like not tightening the drain plugs all the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back