Ohm range for m2 240hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcr357

Im getting 865 ohms at 82degrees, that seems about 100 ohms short, maybe more. Should i replace it? Also the battery is resting at 11.39 volts after 12 hours charging then 2 hours running at the lake. Time for a new (and probably expensive) battery?

OK... first... what sender are you checking? There are 3 temp senders on that engine. (port and Starboard water temp, and air temp in the intake)

Before condemning the battery... is the boat charging? If it came off the charger, and the engine started... I'm guessing the problem is the boat charging system, and not (necessarily) the battery.

Its the port side water sensor, and the charging system could be , but....the battery has been losing charge pretty quickly. I charged it about two weeks prior and it lost enough charge that it wouldnt turn the engine over. Theres a batt disconnect so nothing was drawing power. Its one of those huge group 31 truck batteries

OK. Yes... if it was charged, and sat for a few weeks with the disconnect open... then I would say it's starting to give up. I thought you charged it... ran the boat, and at the end of the day, it was weak.

As far as the temp sender... sounds like it's right. I would say, 800 to 1K ohm is right. But it's a cheap sender if you just want to change it out. (around $35)

OK. Yes... if it was charged, and sat for a few weeks with the disconnect open... then I would say it's starting to give up. I thought you charged it... ran the boat, and at the end of the day, it was weak.

As far as the temp sender... sounds like it's right. I would say, 800 to 1K ohm is right. But it's a cheap sender if you just want to change it out. (around $35)
Okay thank you I thought the center was reading a little low but it looks like it's inspect. As far as the battery yes I charged it up for about a day and a half its at 4 maybe 2 weeks with a disconnect off and then I tried starting it and it was almost dead it only was able to turn the engine over for about 10 seconds or so. That was the night before I took it out I charged it up for about 12 hours at which point it was good enough to start the boat and I got about an hour and a half of run time out of it. I'm going to have to charge it up out of the boat and see if it holds a charge or if it goes back down to 11.4 volts. Thanks dr. Honda

Looks like you are right I charged it up enough to get it started entitled roughly a bit and the volts didn't change from resting. Saw decent puff of smoke out of the second pack of God knows what those things are and now it won't do anything no beeps when the lanyard is attached wont turn over nothing. This seems like it's going to cost a decent amount.
Anyone ever experienced this? It's the connector right above the large yellow wire cap with the yellow wires going into it.

20181011_111516.jpg

Looks like theyre the voltage regs, hopefully a fuse just blew. Ill post back when I find out for future reference.

Also, should anyone else have this issue, the symptoms were initially a bad miss/failure to rev up when throttle was pulled. GOing back to idle and trying to accelerate again would fix it, usually after a few attempts.
Thought is was a bad over rev module, so disconnected that. Seemed to fix the problem.
Then after my first ride in the boat, the I started to notice a burning plastic smell when putting it on the trailer. Thought it was the side marker light burning out as my wife hit crashed my trailer into another trailer(my fault for letting her drive).
Got it home and it wouldn't even idle,battery was at 11.4.
So seems like v regulator going bad is def a progressive problem.

Yep... those are both regulators. The 240 is split into two 20A systems. That way, you can charge 2 batteries independently if you want.

I would lift the clamp, and make sure the wires aren't chaffed, and then check the fuses. They are in the little block just out of the edge of the picture. (On the right side, all the red wires. that's the bottom of the fuse block)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back