Oh... this is interesting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
So the 947 has a bendix bearing mounted into the engine case. First I was hopeful I could change the bendix with the engine in place. To my surprise the flywheel jumped off the shaft with nary a hitch. I found loose bolts holding the bendix into position. I pulled the bendix which didn't look bad. Then I noticed it.... bearing was destroyed. Had to pull the engine and do some machinist type stuff. LOL Ick !!! One thing that is gonna happen in any 947/951 I work on.. that bearing is gonna get inspected and greased.

its always something..... I wonder who has been in it before for all that to be loose?

I dunno but what I found previously on this ski had me shaking my head more than usual.
1998 GTX  Bendix (3).JPEG

Attachments

• 1998 GTX  Bendix (6).JPG
    1998 GTX Bendix (6).JPG
    850.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Take that son of a gun apart and insert some grease. :D:D You know no one has done that in 20 years. I'm pulling the front cover off the 947 I"m doing for the RX. I'm paranoid now !! LOL

If the fit on the bearing goes bad it's engine casing repair/replace time. I think water got into this one at some point. May have washed the grease out. Ya never know.

T know you can't grease it but maybe a few drops of heavy oil might help and may get in there. I'm pulling the RX engine cover today and I'll have a look at the bearing. This might not be an issue for most skis.

I could do that and see how the bendix feels once the starter's off and go from there. If I was yanking it out I'd probably swap it for a reman or send it out for rebuild with new crank, pretty hard to justify due to I'm rigging something else at the moment and the progress is incredibly sloooow: Ugh, it's raining cats and dogs again this weekend!

texas tunnel.jpg

Man that is schweet !!!! We dealt with rain all winter... boy o boy did it ever put kinks in my plans. Lately it's been hot and pretty dry which is how Genie Likes it !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back