Official/unofficial beer at your lake or location.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

LouDoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
We had a member who recently joined the forum: asked why are all the threads on the forum so serious and only about problems and bad news? So I decided to start this thread. It seems that here in Central KY the official/unofficial beer is Bud Light, we usually boat at Herrington Lake, but also at Lake Cumberland, and Laurel River Lake. So what is the official/unofficial beer at your lake?

Lou

Here... around Pitt PA...

It use to be Rolling Rock. I never liked it... but since it was made about 2 min away from my shop... it was mandatory that it was in the frig. BUT... after LaBats took it over, and moved it to NJ... no one around here likes it.

Yingling, or Iron City are big since they are local... but the normal Bud Light, and Coors Light are both big.

On my boat, I use to carry it with me. In most cases it was Coors Light. Now that I have the skis, I got to Shooters for lunch and have a single beer..

Lou, I like the new thread :). Having grown up in the Pittsburgh area the beer of choice during my younger years was Iron City or Rolling Rock as Tony states above. Now for years it's been Coors Lite. Unfortunately (maybe not) the lake I ride on is state owned so no alcohol but I always make sure there's a few cold ones in the frig when I return home to clean up the ski.

Well, the lake where I boat is also a no-alcohol lake, that's why they make cozies.

Lou

Here... around Pitt PA...
It use to be Rolling Rock. I never liked it... but since it was made about 2 min away from my shop... it was mandatory that it was in the frig. BUT... after LaBats took it over, and moved it to NJ... no one around here likes it.
Yingling, or Iron City are big since they are local... but the normal Bud Light, and Coors Light are both big.

Actually when Labatt owned the rights to it, it was a very good beer. It was after AB (Bud) bought it, is when it started to go down hill. They moved the brewing of it out of Latrobe to another one of their breweries, like Tony said. They priced it like a premium and sales fell. They have since realized that was a mistake and brought the price down a bit. Their 30 pk can pkg. is priced the same as Busch & Pabst here in Metro Detroit.

My choice of everyday drinking beer is Labatt Blue and sometimes Labatt Lime...(Better than Bud Lt. Lime).
When going out to dinner I'll have the Local seasonal beer (Bells Oberon), Sam Adams Summer, or either one of these two favorites Stella Artois draft or Newcastle Brown on draft.

Back