Not my best day

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ocod

Idiot decides to make left and I never saw him as other car on outside lane my blocking view.
Walked away with sore ribs and right lef hit dash under steering wheel
Worst part was my care had 6m left of being paid off.
:cuss:

Though it absolutely sucks bout the car,,, it can be replaced.

Key thing is that you walked away under your own power..

You'll be sore, but that will diminish. Hope nothing serious shows itself tomorrow...

Glad you are ok. Looks like a rash of member accidents and health issues. Be careful guys. Our skis need healthy butts to pilot them.

Wow Oscar I'm glad you didn't take any more of a hit. I hope you find a car you like even better.

Dang Oscar. Hang in there, glad your not seriously hurt, too many bad things happening in the forum line mik said.

About time you step back into the German car scene. A nice new 2017 Golf R should scratch your all wheel drive itch.

How are you feeling Oscar?

Better, still sore around sternum
Dealing with insurance and trying to get car totaled.

So far with visual inspection they are at 13k for repairs.
Its at body shop to be torn down to see what else lies.

new cars are so expensive especially when my criteria is so limited to AWD and manual.......

How are you? Hoe you have speedy recovery and we can get back on the water for that keys trip in April.

What kind of car did you get to replace it? Or did they re-build it? My wife only drives manual and she's looking for AWD too... so interested in what your opinions are.

I had 5 Range Rovers in a row but I just got a VW Touareg. I absolutely love it! Drives like a sports car and has all the off road capability of the Rovers. I have the V8 with all the options including air suspension. It's an 06 with 113K and I got it for 6K. Way more power, over 76hundred lbs of towing capacity, Porsche leather, like I said I'm in love.

I had 5 Range Rovers in a row but I just got a VW Touareg. I absolutely love it! Drives like a sports car and has all the off road capability of the Rovers. I have the V8 with all the options including air suspension. It's an 06 with 113K and I got it for 6K. Way more power, over 76hundred lbs of towing capacity, Porsche leather, like I said I'm in love.

Manual transmission? That's a must, the wife won't drive automatics. If i can find a manual... hmmm.....

yowza, that's a good crash right there.

glad you didn't get seriously hurt. i'm guessing it will be a total once they factor in diminished value, and body shops always find extra stuff... always....

What kind of car did you get to replace it? Or did they re-build it? My wife only drives manual and she's looking for AWD too... so interested in what your opinions are.

2017 wrx sedan

Not many manual awd cars available.

I'm a lucky guy. My wife likes to tell her friends "she likes driving stick". If I ever figure her out... Or any woman for that matter... I will let you know.

i'm curious WHY manual?

how can you smoke, drink and text while driving if you have a manual?

Seriously!!!

Pick a gear and my knee.
:rolleyes:

For me its every car I own has been a manual.
I'll never be happy in a automatic plus it keeps people from driving my car.
:driving:

Pick a gear and my knee.
:rolleyes:

For me its every car I own has been a manual.
I'll never be happy in a automatic plus it keeps people from driving my car.
:driving:

That's why my son is getting his mom's 2010 Honda Accord in a year when he is 16. Most of his friends will not be able to drive it. It makes the "Can i borrow your car" easy to answer with "Can you drive stick?". From my personal experience, people who CAN drive manual transmission are usually competent drivers.... unless they are driving a sports car in which case SOME are intentionally d-bagish. Or if they are a teenager whose only choice is to drive moms old car or bike... :( OK, theory out the window.

Back