Noob with my first Seadoo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am usually on the motorbike forums and have found them to be the best source for information, repair tips and upgrades. I was only looking for a triton aluminum trailer to convert into a light weight motorcycle hauler but it looks like I may end up with a 97 GTI to go with it. I have no experience with PWCs except the couple of times at the lake on friends skis and once in Key West around the island. The owner says he “hit a pile of gravel and lost power”. I really had no interest in the ski and was planning on dropping it off at the dump or a salvage yard but the more I think about it the more my inner mechanic says (ahh how bad could it be). Best I can figure from reading around on here is it will need to do a compression test, new fuel lines if they are the grey ones, a carb rebuild, possibly an impeller with a wear ring and shaft if damaged. I’ve not seen the ski yet but plan on picking it up tomorrow. If it’s in good shape is it worth saving for some fun on the lake or more trouble than its worth and a money pit. 434179BB-F798-4F00-B57F-A249D13AEA3B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back