Noob Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GWhiz49221

Hi,

Sorry I'm a noob and have a question. I recently purchased a foreclosure home and inside the garage was a 2000 SeaDoo Challenger 1800 in pretty decent shape. Boat was part of the deal, I'm stoked.

Question is....it has the plastic layard peice over the stop button hear the ignition, when i turn the key, nothing happens. I know i have juice in the battery because I had it on the charger. I know, its a total noob question but I've never owned a boat only motorcycles....

I put the battery on the charger and have juice but when i turn the key, nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Thank you

Your boat will probably only start I'd the throttles are in neutral position and the lanyard is on. The stop buttons do go bad though.
If you do start it the boat needs running water through it to keep it cool. There should be a hose attachment somewhere but be careful as most people don't have enough water pressure to fully fill the cooling system.

not sure how familiar you are with these so I will start with the basics. there is a knob under the lid to the engine compartment. this engages the battery. this needs to be turned up until it points up.

if you have this turned on. do you get beeps when you put the key in and turn it 1 click? please make sure you run the blower for 4 minutes before you try starting it. it is one of the switches on the right of the steering wheel.

I followed the steps provided and hooked up the hose and it fired right up. Too bad i live in MIchigan and the weather is getting cold. I'm so excited for next year....I cant wait. Thank you again for the assistance.

Brings up another questions i have....

I read on different post that some people change the oil and spark plugs before they winterize their boat. I understand why the would want clean oil in the engine before being stored for the next 6-7 months....So is there a difference of opinion on getting oil changed at the end of season compared to the beginnig of the season?

Thank you

Brings up another questions i have....

I read on different post that some people change the oil and spark plugs before they winterize their boat. I understand why the would want clean oil in the engine before being stored for the next 6-7 months....So is there a difference of opinion on getting oil changed at the end of season compared to the beginnig of the season?

Thank you

When they say change the oil they are talking gear oil in the stator and others end (the name is escaping me but the gear out of the bottom of the engine) if water got into the oil and it freezes it can cause damage. I think the recommended procedure is to test the quality of the oil to make sure it's not milky or watery. And decide from there. You should get the shop manual. A lot of procedures are covered there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back