Non Serviced Sea Doo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

keller123

Hello All, new first time poster here! So I am looking at a 2007 GTI SE 155 with 38 hours on it. It was left on a lift pretty much its entire life out side but covered. Due to this there is some corrosion in the propeller area, well, what I would call corrosion. Now I had a pontoon inboard out board that stayed in the water year round and had similar corrosion and never had any issue with it. The person that is selling this is the mechanic for the owner. He has been pretty honest about his servicing, which has consisted of a spark plug change, and a pretty basic witerization and a dewinterization. Simple meaning he drains water, fogs the engine, stabil in gas, about it. I am seeing videos on all the stuff that is supposed to be done for winterization and about scares me out of buying. The engine looks perfect, I had him run compression and all were between 160 and 165. The body is perfect, no bumps gashes at all...he said it was never docked, rode and pulled back on lift..... I asked him if the coolant had ever been changed and again, he honestly told me that he had never changed the coolant in any jet ski and he said due to the little amount that is in it really not necessary and went back to only 38 hours....so hit me on how stupid I am to even consider buying this for 4100 with a Triton trailer included. thanks all in advance!!

Last edited:
Sounds like one clean machine! I have the same model and absolutely love it, and you will too. But in some ways, a machine that has been used occasionally is likely better condition than one not used at all. I am guessing most of those hours were likely after purchase and then the novelty wore off. But finding this ski in this great condition is a great find. This ski is incredibly reliable and durable - I have about 230 hours on mine and it is going strong. I think you you will find others that would say this would be a great choice for an all-round fun and reliable ski. I would plan on some needed maintenance though in the purchase price and your budget. All the mechanicals should be perfect, but you may need to do a fuel pump or a starter relay at some point from sitting so long. I would drain the gas though. And it is time to change the coolant for good measure - which reminds me I need to change mine too. But I think you would be very pleased and if there is a ski that could be least affected from sitting, this is it.

Sounds like one clean machine! I have the same model and absolutely love it, and you will too. But in some ways, a machine that has been used occasionally is likely better condition than one not used at all. I am guessing most of those hours were likely after purchase and then the novelty wore off. But finding this ski in this great condition is a great find. This ski is incredibly reliable and durable - I have about 230 hours on mine and it is going strong. I think you you will find others that would say this would be a great choice for an all-round fun and reliable ski. I would plan on some needed maintenance though in the purchase price and your budget. All the mechanicals should be perfect, but you may need to do a fuel pump or a starter relay at some point from sitting so long. I would drain the gas though. And it is time to change the coolant for good measure - which reminds me I need to change mine too. But I think you would be very pleased and if there is a ski that could be least affected from sitting, this is it.

thank you! Did not expect to hear that! I'm thinking about going ahead and doing what the guy suggested if I want to get rid of some of that Barnacle stuff, just pulling everything out and Sandblasting it, I'm thinking about pulling that propeller cap and greasing that bearing too,thanks for the comment makes me feel better! Picking it up Monday

Fer christ's sake,, DON'T SANDBLAST! Any of the non bleach (you want the acid base kind) toilet bowl cleaner squirted on there will make that stuff disappear like some sort of magic act. be sure to wear long rubber gloves and clothes you're not overly fond of. Pull it out on a trailer, squirt the TBC on it, back the trailer back in and when you pull er back out it'll look as new. (and that tiny bit of acid ain't gonna kill your lake)

Fer christ's sake,, DON'T SANDBLAST! Any of the non bleach (you want the acid base kind) toilet bowl cleaner squirted on there will make that stuff disappear like some sort of magic act. be sure to wear long rubber gloves and clothes you're not overly fond of. Pull it out on a trailer, squirt the TBC on it, back the trailer back in and when you pull er back out it'll look as new. (and that tiny bit of acid ain't gonna kill your lake)

wow! That sounds a lot easier than my plan, LOL any set time or just squirted and pull it back?

We had the same situation, and had the entire ski looked over and the Jet Pump Rebuilt and absolutely LOVE IT! They are a Blast to ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back