no tac or beeps on 2004 Speedster 200

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bloski

Hey guys, I'm having a little trouble with my speedster and figured someone has come across this. I saw another thread with someone having a similar problem but no answer to what was wrong.

I pulled my boat 1100km this past week, out to British Columbia. Before I left everything was fine. When we got there, the engines started then died, which has never happened before. I had to cycle the power to get them to start again. I then noticed I had no Tacs and the DESS is not functioning. There are no beeps of any kind. I noticed my gauges flashing as well, although that doesn't always happen. Being so far from home and on vacation I decided to use it anyway, just kept an eye on my fluids and made sure not to run it to hard. It ran fine, just had to cycle the power sometimes to get it to start.

For troubleshooting I checked all the fuses. The three boxes plus the inline ones in the engine bay. The battery has not been run dead, although I disconnected the power to install my amp wire. I checked to make sure all the lines were back on. There is the power line, and the black and green that are tied together. I cant see any others laying around that aren't hooked to anything.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

I did a little more digging. Had the boat on the diagnostic at the dealership. The codes were to check the fuses, and that there was a loss of communication between the mpem and the fuse block. Both engines have lost the tacs and I have no beeps at all. When connecting or anything. We can manipulate the beep manually so I know the speaker is good, and the dess seems to work properly. The boat will not turn over without it connected, and it kills both engines when removed. I have tried both my keys as well. We checked voltages at the interface behind the gauges and there is power going in and signal on the can-lines. Nothing coming out though. Has anyone ran into issues with the twin engine interface? Also does anyone know where I can get a nicely used one? The price of that interface is a little steep.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back