No power, won't start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

soflo305

What's up guys,

I have a 2006 GTX supercharged. I've been using it weekly, probably about 2 days a week for the past couple months. My buddies and i were wakeskating behind it on my lake so there's a lot of stop and go. About 20 minutes in my buddy jumped in the water and i got on the ski. When i put the key it didn't beep and wouldn't start. we got towed in. When i had it on the trailer i took the top off and i could hear a clicking when the key was on the ignition and when i pressed the start button the clicking got way faster almost to the point of a single tone. I think the noise is coming from the Ebox. I'm not sure i'm not very knowledgeable with PWCS so i would very much so appreciate any input.. I'm guessing it could be the starter solenoid? i'm planning on testing that with my buddy that has some knowledge tomorrow. I'd really appreciate it. I'm a broke college kid so.. Also my Battery Tender JR says my battery is at full charge.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

What's up guys,

I have a 2006 GTX supercharged. I've been using it weekly, probably about 2 days a week for the past couple months. My buddies and i were wakeskating behind it on my lake so there's a lot of stop and go. About 20 minutes in my buddy jumped in the water and i got on the ski. When i put the key it didn't beep and wouldn't start. we got towed in. When i had it on the trailer i took the top off and i could hear a clicking when the key was on the ignition and when i pressed the start button the clicking got way faster almost to the point of a single tone. I think the noise is coming from the Ebox. I'm not sure i'm not very knowledgeable with PWCS so i would very much so appreciate any input.. I'm guessing it could be the starter solenoid? i'm planning on testing that with my buddy that has some knowledge tomorrow. I'd really appreciate it. I'm a broke college kid so.. Also my Battery Tender JR says my battery is at full charge.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

To test the solenoid... Just arc across the two large terminals and see if the engine turns over. If so it is likely the culprit. If not likely a weak battery. Or possibly a bad connection between battery and solenoid.

Test solenoid with arc test, if not good check all connections and battery.

Sounds like a low voltage issue to me. Very common for low volts to screw with solenoid a and relays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a low. Voltage issue to me. Very cmon for low volts to screw with solenoid a and relays.

True. It's not getting enough power maybe the wires hooking to the battery are too corroded. I'm going to clean them today and see what that does. thanks for the advice

Sounds like a low voltage issue to me. Very common for low volts to screw with solenoid a and relays.

i was thinking this also... i cleaned the corrosion off the wires connecting to the power today and it still won't start. I'm hearing buzzing at the solenoid. my mechanic friend who lives in another town insists it's not the solenoid because my display doesn't turn on

i guess i'm going to get the post replaced and hopefully that works.

also still no beeping when goes on the post

Last edited by a moderator:
Test the battery, they do sometimes just fail all of a sudden. Fixed one last week like that where the battery was only a month old and a cell went dead. Had a slight buzz and that's it, voltage was only like 10v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back