No fuel flowing in 97 GSX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sreed07

I am new to jet ski's and got a 97 gsx from my uncle that had not been running for 2 years. I try to start it, it turns over just fine, but it wont fire. I know the engine itself works great and there is spark because I have removed the spark plugs, put a little bit of fuel straight into the cylinder and it fires up immediatley. But I removed the fuel filter, clean it and put it back on and whenever I tried to start it again the cup with the fuel filter in it was still completley empty.

Where should I start?

Last edited by a moderator:
Start by rebuilding the carbs. I'm certain you will find the needle is stuck and not allowing fuel to flow. Sitting 2 years, yeah, you need to rebuild the carbs.

Ditto on the carbs. And, change the fuel lines, if they are gray. They deteriorate into the fuel, and foul up the carbies. :cheers:

Nate

Awsome well thanks for the help, being new to it, can you tell me roughly how much it would cost to rebuild the carbs and replace the fuel lines? Also is it a job I can do myself or would I have to have a shop do it?

Level....

It's a pretty simple chore. But, without some level of mechanical experience, it can be a challenge. You have to adhere to proper gm sizes on your spring and lever position. It's also a good idea to test your pop-off, though sometimes I skip this procedure.

There are enough here to help you with this, I'm sure.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back