No acceleration Islandia

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

philinkeys

I have a 2001 SeaDoo Islandia with 219 hours on it with a mercury 240 HP jet drive.
It idle's great but I can't accelerate. Does anyone have any idea what I can do??
I've changed the engine head temperature sensor it did not help.
Phil

Check your pump. If it is all pitting. That is also your wear ring. Also look at you impeller and check your lower gear case oil

Which pump. There is an electric fuel pump, a pulse fuel pump and another electric fuel pump in the Vapor Seperator

It takes me 15 minutes to get out of my canel. Then I accelerate the boat gets on plane for about 4 minutes and then goes to idle speed. When I advance the throttle nothing happens. It took me an hour to get home at ideal speed.

He will reply to your post. he is on quite often. but in the winter things slow down here. he will reply in time

The trigger is located on the fly wheel
My issue was that it was only using 2 cyl I had a computer hooked up to it and said the trigger is falling. It has to do with the electrical system. My issue was it was stuck in limp mode which is a safety if the engine is overheating. It should reset as yours dose. But mine never reset.

Actually I replaced the Stator and the Trigger

I just changed the Pulse Fuel Pump. And I think that solved the problem. I only was able to take the boat out for a short spin and it seemed that was the problem. I need to find the time to go out again to confirm

The fuel pulse pump did not fix the problem.

Problem. Boat will go on plane and after a few minutes rpm will drop off and boat will go off plane. 30 seconds later the rpm will go back to normal and boat goes back on plane. This problem repeats itself over and over. Sometimes it stays on plane a mile or so.
Ive changed. The pulse fuel pump; the stator; the trigger; plugs; fuel water filter; drained fuel from tank; electric fuel pump filter; engine temp sensor; cleaned all grounds and all electrical connectors;

Phil 2001 SeaDoo Islandia 219 hours 240HP M2 Jet Drive V6 Jet Drive

I had this same issue. Could be multiple things leading to the same symptoms but mine also ended up being the trigger. Reasonably easy swap with a little know how. Have to pull the fly wheel off. Dr Honda also helped with my diagnosis last year.

Only one beep when I turn on the ignition key.

I replaced the trigger and stator a few months ago

This Dr Honda never answered my ple for help

Throttle Position Sensoe testing

have you tested the tps?

No I haven't as of yet.
A boat macanic with a lot of experience seems to think it's the fuel pump or filter in the vapor chamber. I have the fuel pump on order should arrive in a few days. That TPS is next on the line of testing tho I will have to buy the TPS test lead. A new TPS is over $500.00.
What makes you think it is the TPS over another component?
Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back