NGK Spark Plugs

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TFWildman112

i've got an 1994 sea doo spi 580 and i've been running NGK br8es plugs i just found out that i'm suppose to run br7es plugs. i wanted to know is there that much difference? i've been thinking about running the new br9eya plugs though does anyone see anything wrong with this? would there be any issues with br9eya instead of the br7es that it's suppose to have? THANX!

i dunno what your problem may be. but ngk recommends the br7es plug and my ski has the br8es plugs in it too. i just bought the ski used a week ago.

so if somebody could please help us out and explain y people interchange these? or do we need to swap em out immediately?

Its a heat range thing...I think all the 2 strokes call for BR8ES, but some claim that using the 7s in the 657 and 580 motors help for starting. I have always run 8s in everything.

Just dont use the b8es, you will have all sorts of problems with the electronics using non-resistor plugs.

the lower the number on the plug the hotter the plug is. On my race banshee I run BR6ES NGK's. BR9 is a pretty cold plug.

Hi guys,

As above... the number is the heat range. Most of the 2-stroke Seadoo's need an "8". On the older (lower HP engines) they need a "7". The only drawback to running a "Colder" plug, is that you may foul it faster. If you don't have a problem with keeping the plug clean, then running a BR8ES plug in the older engines will not hurt you.

Now... by going to a "9"... you may start to have fouling problems. If you want to go to a V-power plug... then you need to stick to the same heat range. So... you should be running a BR7EYA in an older 650 or 587 engine.

Personally... you won't see any gains, and they just cost a few $$$ more. I would stick with a good old BR7ES.

Just as an FYI.... running a hotter plug than you need can cause pre-ignition, and you could burn a hole in the top of the piston.

THANX for the help guy's i may just try the 9's for hahas but bring my 8's along. i'll stick with the 8's ive been running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my 2 cents if Doc says it calls for 7es I would run them he wouldnt give you bad advice . I have 2 1992 XP and I run 7's
Just noticed how OLD this thread was LOL i was searchn for Plug info too funny

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny. I have been wondering this very thing. My situation with the 7 and the 8 was the opposite. My 98 GTS (720) calls for a BR8ES plug in the manual and mine came with the BR7ES from the previous owner.

I went and bought the BR7ES to replace them and installed these with the proper gap. Then I found the 98 manual on Seadoo's website and found it called for the BR8ES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back