Newbie here I need your guys expertise.. which speedster 200 to buy.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RANDYD

I found a 2006 speedster 200 310 in good shape im scared because its all white I thought they where all 2 colors.. I just sold my speedster 150 215 do you guys think I will be dissapointed in the acceleration of the 310? Any help of reliabilty with 200's would be appreciated because Ihave looked at 310s 370s and 430s and know nothing about what to look for

Thank you guys

Last edited:
I have a 2005 Speedster 200 with twin 155HP Rotax 4-Tecs. Reliable? Yes. Rotax is a good engine. Is the one you're looking at supercharged? If so, check with the owner to see if they have been rebuilt in the previous 200 hours. If not, then count on rebuilding them, which includes a couple hours inside the cramped engine bay pulling them, sending them off for rebuild service to the tune of around $450 each (GREAT service from PWC Muscle, though!!), and a couple more hours in the cramped engine bay re-installing them. As far as acceleration? When you hit the throttles, the boat will stand up out of the water and be on-plane in a couple seconds. My top speed is somewhere around 40mph......I must admit I was expecting faster, but 40 on smooth water is moving at a good clip, and really all I need. Biggest problem I have? Porpoising. In slightly choppy water, you won't go much past 25mph before she starts bouncing. It's almost to the point of being a deal breaker for me. Considering selling her and getting something more stable on the water like a center console. In smooth water she is FUN to play with! But on a busy weekend at the lake....like it is most every weekend in the Summer....it can be annoying.

Thank you for the info.. I was really hoping for a little over 50mph out of a 310.. The speedometer said 63 in the speedster but gps it was 55 i can live with 50 but 40 im not so sure I may have to go with a supercharged one.. Thanks again

I have a 2005 Speedster 200 with twin 155HP Rotax 4-Tecs. Reliable? Yes. Rotax is a good engine. Is the one you're looking at supercharged? If so, check with the owner to see if they have been rebuilt in the previous 200 hours. If not, then count on rebuilding them, which includes a couple hours inside the cramped engine bay pulling them, sending them off for rebuild service to the tune of around $450 each (GREAT service from PWC Muscle, though!!), and a couple more hours in the cramped engine bay re-installing them. As far as acceleration? When you hit the throttles, the boat will stand up out of the water and be on-plane in a couple seconds. My top speed is somewhere around 40mph......I must admit I was expecting faster, but 40 on smooth water is moving at a good clip, and really all I need. Biggest problem I have? Porpoising. In slightly choppy water, you won't go much past 25mph before she starts bouncing. It's almost to the point of being a deal breaker for me. Considering selling her and getting something more stable on the water like a center console. In smooth water she is FUN to play with! But on a busy weekend at the lake....like it is most every weekend in the Summer....it can be annoying.

I hit 58 with my speedster 310. I really love the boat. I had a 1999 220 hp before and it’s probably as fast but weight almost the double.

Is that GPS speed? that's movin she's a big girl.. I would be happy with that - no supercharger maint no premium fuel..
Thanks for the response

Just got my 2004 speedster 200 310 last year and I love it! Quick enough for me — me and 2 other adults on a choppy lake and we still caught air with both throttles all the way forward! Don’t know actual speed — feels much faster than the 40 showing on my speedometer! Need to put a gps on it next time! Also I didn’t think they made the 155s supercharged did they? Mine are NAs, but again plenty quick enough!

From what I see on boat test everyone says the 310 goes 54 to 55 on gps.. That is moving Im leaning towards the 310.. One just sold in the lake of the Ozarks for 12k 1 owner 150 hrs beautiful boat. i didn't have mine sold so I missed out.. Im looking if you guys see one let me know..

Nice boat! Have you done a sea trial on it yet? Make sure they start the engines from cold and watch for any cavitation that might come from worn wear rings / impeller blades. If all goes well, enjoy! You'll have a blast with it! Search the forum for other tips -- there's a ton of knowledge across these pages! Good Luck!

While on the sea trial, pop the engine hatch and look around while shes idling. Check for leaks or any smells.

Test every electrical component (bilge, nav/anchor lights, stereo, gauges, etc.)

Hold her at mid throttle for a bit and see how she handles, then run at WOT for 30 seconds to a minute and watch your temps.

When she comes out of the water, remove the drain plug and see how much, if any, water comes out.

Boat looks great, hope it all works out for you.

Thank you guys for the help... Well 12hrs on the road 120 dollars in fuel 800 miles and I'm still looking.. It was a polished POS.
Thank you guys for the help all great tips...

I have a 310hp s200. GPS speed should be 50-53mph depending on conditions. The 155hp rotax is extremely reliable. You’ll enjoy it when you find the right one. IMG_9343.JPG

Man nice Speedster!!! Do you guys think I can find a 310 for 12 to 12.5 I want a really nice boat..

I paid 18500 for my 04 with trailer — probably on the high side but all mechanicals and electrics are working fine. Engines also very clean and both start right up every time. No tears in any of the upholstery either. Very happy with the purchase.

Man nice Speedster!!! Do you guys think I can find a 310 for 12 to 12.5 I want a really nice boat..
I'll sell ya mine for $16K! Not much more than you're looking to spend! Just rebuilt the superchargers and have a brand new Poppy Cover to go with it!

Hey RANDYD --- just curious -- what did you find wrong with the boat that you made you call it a "polished POS"? I guess ya can't judge a book by its cover, but pics looked nice! What specifically was wrong with it?

It had a 4×12 patch on the back deck scratched deep on both sides. Looked like the interior was replaced but gelcoat sun faded. I asked if the tires could make it to back to Kc he said yes I dont think they could have made it out of the parking lot.
I missed out i seen a 05 310 that I swear looked new 1 owner 150hrs I missed it by a couple days I had to sell my Speedster 150 he took 12500 for it.

Wow -- guess they omitted showing that part of the boat in the pix they published - deceiving! Too bad on the miss, but good luck on the hunt!

Paid mine 18.5 Canadian. ( 14.3 us) with 101 hours. Seats are clean and everything is in great condition except 2 small scratches that I will fix next winter. It’s a 2007 and I bought it last April. The boat got a 1200 watts sound system with 10 inches subwoofers! The wife loves it!

View attachment 37648IMG_5464.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4596.JPG
    IMG_4596.JPG
    616.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back