newbee with multiple areas of ignorance:

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

drjrmorgan

:confused:Hello. thanks for the great resource for seedoo info:
I have a new 96 Speedster with the twin 718 cc Rotax engines, only 5 hours on engines and boat. running urine yellow oil in the injectors apparently very heavy mix by the smoke and oillyness of exhaust. Prior owner says it is official seadoo oil ?? Would I be better to switch to QS synthetic blend (not TCW3) ? I have read many of these oil threads and see that I should probably run the QS Blend or the QS full synthetic PWC oil.

2: will this boat plane on only one engine ??
would it cruise on one engine if I started it on both and then killed one of the engines wnce on plane ?? ( I am going to Lake Powell and want to maximise my range)
3 the prior owner put custom marine air filters (look like K&N cone type) on the 4 carbueraters. Is this safe or desirable ??
4. I saw that there are two approved spark plugs (the NGK 8 and NGK 7) plugs, which should I use when ?? should I have both for if one fouls ??

5 I live on the Colo river and there is lots of "eel grass which cavitates the impellars. Is there any way to avoid this or lessen this ?? Will the after market impellars do any better agains fouling with grass ??
6: where should I tap into the power to add an accessory "cigarette lighter outlet "
Thanks for any expert advise you might have
Rick

:confused:Hello. thanks for the great resource for seedoo info:
I have a new 96 Speedster with the twin 718 cc Rotax engines, only 5 hours on engines and boat. running urine yellow oil in the injectors apparently very heavy mix by the smoke and oillyness of exhaust. Prior owner says it is official seadoo oil ?? Would I be better to switch to QS synthetic blend (not TCW3) ? I have read many of these oil threads and see that I should probably run the QS Blend or the QS full synthetic PWC oil.

2: will this boat plane on only one engine ??
would it cruise on one engine if I started it on both and then killed one of the engines wnce on plane ?? ( I am going to Lake Powell and want to maximise my range)
3 the prior owner put custom marine air filters (look like K&N cone type) on the 4 carbueraters. Is this safe or desirable ??
4. I saw that there are two approved spark plugs (the NGK 8 and NGK 7) plugs, which should I use when ?? should I have both for if one fouls ??

5 I live on the Colo river and there is lots of "eel grass which cavitates the impellars. Is there any way to avoid this or lessen this ?? Will the after market impellars do any better agains fouling with grass ??
6: where should I tap into the power to add an accessory "cigarette lighter outlet "
Thanks for any expert advise you might have
Rick

Hello and welcome.

To answer some of your Q's

1. As you know TC oil only. So w/that if unsure what oil is running now your better off draining tank and lines..
Are you premix or still running injection?? Make sure gas is colored if pre mixing..
2. No, its not good to run w/only one engine on. Nor can it plane w/one engine.
It does something bad to the engine b/c of the water inflow to the pump or something??
3.You run the risk of it sucking water. Go back to stock if you still have it.
4. check manual. may have something to do w/spark being one step hot or cold?? not sure..
5. ? try to to run it over
6. check the mod section

:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back