New wear ring!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

lakegreenwood

whats up everybody? i got my 95 xp running and this thing will fly! i know i need a new wear ring and im going to order a OEM one and im gonna go ahead and get a new prop while im at it. my only question is do i buy a OEM prop or a Solas, and if so what pitch? thanks alot!

go with the new wear ring and impeller. i got EVERYTHING i needed from parkeryamaha.com i got all oem parts and fluids, and i got the solas concord impeller. i did this same exact swap on my GT 3 weeks ago and WOW! it exceeded my expectations. but that could be partly due to the fact that my wear ring was completely gone. good luck!
your not gonna find anybody on here that can tell u from experience what impeller to buy. just research research research. just about every site that sells sas has a table of the recommended impeller for your ski, parkeryamaha.com has one. but i was a lil bit of a risk taker and went for the concord which was only recommended to me by an ebay seller and a couple no-name sites, but it was a great decision. i got the 13/21 solas concord.

Every brand of impeller should have a list of what pitch you want on their web site.
Solas, Skat Trak, etc.

I'm running a Skat. People say sometimes they loose a little top end, I didn't care. I need speed, fast, and in rough waters.

There's nothing like a good grate, impeller and ring.. I don't think Ive ever picked weeds outta my machine.. (even purposely going into them, just made Jet Salad)

There's usually a couple listed, one for stock, modded, etc..

Any type of wear ring will do, so long as its in spec. Just avoid metal type rings.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Solas impellers have a thin hub, and will move more water. In turn, they will give better top end, and better cruse fuel economy.

A Skat-Trak "Swirl" impeller has more overlap, and they hook up better. In turn... they give GREAT out of the hole performance. Also, they have a rounded leading edge, and that helps clear seagrass, and other junk that gets into the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back