new to the seadoo owning world

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshnrach

my husband has been barting this past month I cant complain ive always wanted jet skis for as long as I can remember. so basically we ended up with 2 1995 bombarbier xp800 for a pool table we got for 150 at a garage sale one of the skis starts up n we were told by previous ownee the other needs a start also they both need th handle bar cover so im hopibg yall can poibts us in a direction to get these on the lake this summer

Welcome to the forum, lots of good info hear. Minnetonka will be able to help you out with parts. Start a thread in the 2 stroke forum and most of your questions will be answered there. Post some pics of the inside and out of your ski in the thread as well, we love lots of pictures.

Good Luck with your new toys.

Hi and welcome to the SeaDoo forum.

You've got a couple of great ski's, they're somewhat rare, only 5000 were made and they were limited to one per dealer. We're probably going to need more information on why the second ski doesn't start, but I think I can help with the handlebar cover.

A good handlebar cover is hard to find however there is another option, a neoprene cover, here's a link. Also a picture of my 95XP800.

http://www.watercraftsuperstore.net...en=PROD&Product_Code=137BT100&Store_Code=wcss

Lou

Attachments

• 96 Expo LT.jpg
    96 Expo LT.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the forum. There are a number of things you should do to insure your enjoyment with your new toys.

1) do a compression check. Ideally each cylinder should have about 150 compression. If it is below 130 there will be issues.
2) check the fuel lines. If they are grey in color they are original and should be changed out and the carbs and fuel selector cleaned.
3) if the oil injection system is still in place and you are not sure what oil was used, clean the tank and make sure you use the proper oil.
4) change the oil in the jet pump.

There are a couple of guys that sell used parts on the forum here. Contact Minnetonka4me about parts. He has just about everything I'm sure. If you have any specific questions, post them in the 2-stroke PWC section of the forum. Good luck!!!

Please post some pictures in the 2 stroke section! Welcome to the site...you have found some good company here. I do have all the parts you need available to get them both up to snuff.

Oh and if you dont know already...you got a SMOKIN' deal on some rare skis if indeed they are 95 800s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back