New to SeaDoo's! My Projects.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

roberthaysus

Here are a few pics I snapped quickly of my first SeaDoo's. Thanks to SeaDooForum it has been a lot of fun working on my new to me ski's. I will take a some better pics to post as I make needed repairs and get them all cleaned up hopefully some better before and after pics. I have 2 1997 GSI's. I picked these up with the trailer for $1300 in not running condition. Thanks to this forum I have read a ton of material and really begun to appreciate these machines. Now I have both ski's running good and I'm starting to work on making them look better. One I have cleaned and polished the other I have not. Thanks to [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] for some parts I've ordered, and all the others that contribute to this forum. I'm sure I will need help with something in the future but I really enjoy reading on what everyone is working on.
Edit* I'm having a problem uploading pics at the moment, so pics to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats. This definitely an addicting hobby! I have been going at this hobby since 94 and have loved every second. I do wish the new ones were smaller though..

I got a blue GSX hood if you want to replace that broken one, I will let it go cheap if you want it. Its faded as heck but not broken like that one...

Glad to see you got them up and running tho!

Got a NOS coming in Thursday. Wasn't cheap but at least it will look good. Bad thing is now I will have to find a as good of condition handlebar cover to match. Maybe a good paint job on the other faded hood, any recommendations on type of paint?

Personally I wouldn't paint the hood. Clean it with a scotch brite pad as best you can. It will probably be a really dull blue color. Then comes the heat gun..... Basically youre just going to go over it and melt the top layer of plastic. This was during.
hood.jpg

This was after....
hood 2.jpg

Theres just a little spot of oil left on there that I couldnt get cleaned off. This whole process took maybe a half hour. I just wanted to see how it would turn out I didn't even really need the hood.

I'm going to try the heat gun technique on the broken one as practice and to see how it turn out. I had read on some others doing this process and the warning that this is not permanent solution to the problem as the fade will easily come back. Have you noticed any fading since using the heat gun technique? Thanks for the pics and the tip!

I'm going to try the heat gun technique on the broken one as practice and to see how it turn out. I had read on some others doing this process and the warning that this is not permanent solution to the problem as the fade will easily come back. Have you noticed any fading since using the heat gun technique? Thanks for the pics and the tip!
To be honest I haven't had it on there long enough to find out lol. But worst case scenario it was free ill do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back