New to seadoo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevendonttrip

They guys.just wanted to introduce myself my name is Steve. Just recently got a couple seadoos a 96gti and 97gtx for a good deal couldn't pass up my buddy I got em from didn't told me one needed a steering cable but both ran. The checked out the steering and it looks like the bolts fell out on the bracket under the handle bars put new ones in and it works fine now. So im not new to boating but new to pwc. I haven't started them yet. I figured u guys can tell me some stuff I need to know. Wanna start up in the driveway just to make sure everything is good what would I need I'm sure the carbs are dirty and the fuel is bad. On the 96 he would premix the oil I'm not sure if the injection is bad or how to even tell maybe u guys can give me some advice for a newbie or point me in the right directions thanks

Attachments

• 20220122_201708.jpg
    20220122_201708.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220122_201719.jpg
    20220122_201719.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 4
The oil pump is on the mag cover, you will see two small lines running from the pump to under the carbs if it is hooked up. Also, the oil tank needs to stay hooked up to bathe the rotary valve. Those will be two 1/2" lines to the bottom of the case on opposing sides of the cases.

On the carbs, only buy oem mikuni rebuild kits and check pop off pressure. The cheap kits tend to cause more issues than they solve. Osdparts carries the kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back