New to me ultimate pwc trailer

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhjesse

Picked this trailer up a few months ago and have been looking forward to getting it in tip top shape, but unfortunately work got in the way. Have been working out of town going from one job to another since the middle of January.
Finally home for a while and had a chance to work on this salt corroded turd. So far I have replaced the brake system, guide posts, added a 7 pin ford connector and replaced the guide posts.
About all that's left is bunk carpet and a good scrubbing. I will eventually replace the wheels and lug nuts as they are pretty corroded also.
Should be a good traveling trailer as I will be traveling 6 hours to Smith Mountain Lake several times this summer, as well as, Blue Ridge Lake in Northeast Georgia which is about an hour and a half over the Blue Ridge Mountains. The extra axle and brakes should make for a smooth ride. Thoughts? image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks Coastie. Going to pressure wash and put new bunk carpet on this weekend. Then the skis. Will post a pic later.

I use the Teflon slides on my bunkers. Love them. Carpet never wears out and the skis go on and off easier.

Finished product.
New bunk carpet and winch straps. The old strap hooks were rusted badly.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That trailer is absolutely Da' Bomb !!

But..........

You've now built a trailer that probably needs inspected. (but that depends on your state's laws)

No inspection in GA. Just yearly tag registration. Also in GA if a trailer has two axles, one of the axles must have brakes. Got that covered.
Thanks Dr. Honda

Many states have mandated inspections once you add an axle and or install electric brakes. I guess they assume you will haul more GVW.

The RXT is definitely huge, but the GTX is just your normal sized three seater. I think they look huge because they sit so high on the trailer.
They are wayyyy bigger than my old xp and spx skis. :)

New boat buckles installed. They are the bomb.
240.jpg

Picked this trailer up a few months ago and have been looking forward to getting it in tip top shape, but unfortunately work got in the way. Have been working out of town going from one job to another since the middle of January.
Finally home for a while and had a chance to work on this salt corroded turd. So far I have replaced the brake system, guide posts, added a 7 pin ford connector and replaced the guide posts.
About all that's left is bunk carpet and a good scrubbing. I will eventually replace the wheels and lug nuts as they are pretty corroded also.
Should be a good traveling trailer as I will be traveling 6 hours to Smith Mountain Lake several times this summer, as well as, Blue Ridge Lake in Northeast Georgia which is about an hour and a half over the Blue Ridge Mountains. The extra axle and brakes should make for a smooth ride. Thoughts?

Did you add the 2nd Axle?

No the trailer came that way. Bought it used from a member here. They are manufactured in Florida by rocket trailers international.

Amazon. E-trailer has them as well. Cabellas has them also but are pricey.

Amazon had them at my front door like the next day.

First trip with new trailer and rebuilt blue gtx. Trailer pulled like a dream and the blue gtx ran flawless.
344.jpg

345.jpg

346.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back