New to me 2007 Challenger 180 - simple question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

PanH

Just picked up this boat- It's been sitting in a garage for a few years and has a full tank of gas. I want to remove the gas and put in fresh before I change oil,etc.
So- I stick a siphon hose in the fuel fill and it goes down about a foot and a half and hits some type of obstruction before it hits the gas.... any thoughts ? I'm thinking there is a baffle of some type down there . I tried a pretty small hose after the first one got stopped, same thing again. Ideas ?
Thanks

Last edited:
Your probably hitting the bottom of the fuel tank on that side, or you could be hitting the edge of the fill neck on the tank. That boat has an odd u-shaped gas tank that goes all the way from one side to the other but it tapers down to the middle drastically in the center of the boat so the bottom where the fill neck is only about the last 20% of the tank volume. Difficult to get the hose down to the center which is the center of the boat. Pulling the fuel pump will be easier in the long run and you will get all the old fuel out.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back