New to Life on the Water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ Moran

Hi,

I'm retiring in January, and surprisingly find myself under contract to purchase a water front house on the lake. I have never been interested in "lake life", and frankly did not see the appeal. But, my sister bought a place there a year ago, and has since built a boathouse and purchased a pair of PWCs. After hanging out at her place, and riding her PWC this summer, I guess I got the bug. :)

She found a smokin' deal on a pair of '07 GTI SE with about 100 hrs on them. They were my first exposure to PWCs, and I really like them.

I don't own the house, yet, let alone have the boat house built, but I have already searched and researched looking for a deal like she found. I came close, finding a pair of '06 GTI SEs of my own, each with about 40 hrs. on it. They're pristine!

I'm pretty good at the mechanical stuff, and prefer to perform all my own service and repairs. I siphoned all the old gas out of the tanks and refilled them with fresh ethanol-free gas. I also pulled and cleaned the plugs. They looked fine. Oil is clean and up to level. Both start and run (water hose attached) on the trailer, so I figure I'm good to go. Off to the lake we go.

One runs like a champ. Smooth and strong; no issues whatsoever. Just like new. The other is a dog. It idles rough and doesn't like throttle (dies immediately). It dies after a few seconds at idle, too. After about 20 restarts, I gave up and put it back on the trailer for diagnosis another day. My wife and I enjoyed the rest of the day on the other ski, running around with Sis and her hubby.

So, I'll be looking for help figuring out what's wrong with my new baby. Regardless, we're excited about our new future life of retirement and lake life!

After considerable additional reading on here, I figured it was probably spark plugs since that was what I worked on before taking it out. At the advice of one of your contributors, I installed three new plugs. One of the three that came out appeared to not be firing. After buttoning it back up, it started instantly, idled smoothly, revved quickly, and did not smoke!

I was thinking fuel injectors or worse...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back