New to forum, RXP and RXT servicing questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn9509

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, so I wanted to say hi. Last year I purchased a 2015 RXP-X260 and a 2015 RXT-X260, both new. They both have about 12 hours on them, and I have done the 10 hours oil change on both. My question is, what should I do in the future as far as services and what should I look out for out inspect? Your input would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi : first let me express my regret over your purchase of two sc , 2015 Sea Doos

I made my first ever purchase also in 2015.
I thought about buying a top of the line Sc type but instead chose to by a basic Sea Doo in the GTI-130 , learn about the sport and trade it in later if I see the need to upgrade .
After getting my pwc ,I went looking for Sea Doo information ( should have done that before buying ) and except for Green Hulk web sight that's in BRP's pocket , I learned many things I wish I new prior to my purchase .
It turned out for starters the KISS ( keep is simple stupid ) paid off big time for me after discovering the somewhat unrepairable problem with Sea DOO's SC and the need to pay around $900 per unit every 100 hrs ( not 200 like BRP's sales staff had put into the manual to boost sales ) ,So if you keep both for a 1000 hrs , your looking a 18 grand and I guess you can see I thank God I dodged that bullet . If you do a search you will find their SC have been involved in class action law suits . Everything else about Sea doos in general are 1st rate including the engine your sc is bolted to its just the sc .I just past 300hrs on my pwc with no break downs just normal routine stuff ,

In ""2016"" they finally came out with with a totally redesigned , maintenance free sc that in the short run is also encountering problems but on its way to being a good device .
If I was you and the new ACE supercharger can be installed on your 2015 , I would consider buying 2 of them and chucking the defective ( in my thoughts only ) part keeping in mind that a sc failure can totally destroy your engine .Of coarse if you wait awhile the courts may make fix the defect for free as has been done in the past if your fortunate .
I suggest you take the time to learn about the new Sea Doo, ACE maintenance free SC on this site and by doing a search .

Another issue that comes to mind involves the plastic muffler we both have .
If the exhaust tempt warning beep comes on be sure to shut the engine down right away .
The only time I have ever herd the beep is when I tried for only about 10s to run the motor on the trailer after use at the dock to empty it of water so I don't do that anymore .
High exhaust tempt can melt the plastic muffler we have , water will come in and can sink your boat .
Theirs another class action law suit involving that so hopefully in the near future we might get a free melt free muffler .

https://seadoosink.com/

Although some may strongly advise against this , I have decided not to flush my exhaust system after each use .
The water my pwc runs in is either brackish or fresh water especially during the last few minutes to the dock .
The engine must be running before you connect the flushing hose .
Then the hose must be removed before you turn off the engine .
Get the order wrong , and you will screw up your engine and it will probably go down as the most costly mistake you will ever make .
I am not sure about how the intercooler fits into this so if you have to flush , please be careful.
When I was flushing , I had it set up so I had to remove a old quick disconnect from the flushing hole before doing it .
This useless , extra step acted to reminded me to start the engine 1st .

Last edited by a moderator:
If you rebuild the SC as scheduled, it is rare that you will have an issue. Can it happen, sure. But it is not common based on routine maintenance.

There is NOTHING like riding a SC ski. You will truly love them.

Keep the engine oil BETWEEN the lines. Overfull and it creates crank case pressure and the engine loses performance. To low and like anything else, engine damage.

The 4-tec engine is VERY proven and can easily get into many hundreds of hours. I've seen a few with over 1000 hours.

Hi : first let me express my regret over your purchase of two sc , 2015 Sea Doos

I made my first ever purchase also in 2015.
I thought about buying a top of the line Sc type but instead chose to by a basic Sea Doo in the GTI-130 , learn about the sport and trade it in later if I see the need to upgrade .
After getting my pwc ,I went looking for Sea Doo information ( should have done that before buying ) and except for Green Hulk web sight that's in BRP's pocket , I learned many things I wish I new prior to my purchase .
It turned out for starters the KISS ( keep is simple stupid ) paid off big time for me after discovering the somewhat unrepairable problem with Sea DOO's SC and the need to pay around $900 per unit every 100 hrs ( not 200 like BRP's sales staff had put into the manual to boost sales ) ,So if you keep both for a 1000 hrs , your looking a 18 grand and I guess you can see I thank God I dodged that bullet . If you do a search you will find their SC have been involved in class action law suits . Everything else about Sea doos in general are 1st rate including the engine your sc is bolted to its just the sc .I just past 300hrs on my pwc with no break downs just normal routine stuff ,

In ""2016"" they finally came out with with a totally redesigned , maintenance free sc that in the short run is also encountering problems but on its way to being a good device .
If I was you and the new ACE supercharger can be installed on your 2015 , I would consider buying 2 of them and chucking the defective ( in my thoughts only ) part keeping in mind that a sc failure can totally destroy your engine .Of coarse if you wait awhile the courts may make fix the defect for free as has been done in the past if your fortunate .
I suggest you take the time to learn about the new Sea Doo, ACE maintenance free SC on this site and by doing a search .

Another issue that comes to mind involves the plastic muffler we both have .
If the exhaust tempt warning beep comes on be sure to shut the engine down right away .
The only time I have ever herd the beep is when I tried for only about 10s to run the motor on the trailer after use at the dock to empty it of water so I don't do that anymore .
High exhaust tempt can melt the plastic muffler we have , water will come in and can sink your boat .
Theirs another class action law suit involving that so hopefully in the near future we might get a free melt free muffler .

https://seadoosink.com/

Although some may strongly advise against this , I have decided not to flush my exhaust system after each use .
The water my pwc runs in is either brackish or fresh water especially during the last few minutes to the dock .
The engine must be running before you connect the flushing hose .
Then the hose must be removed before you turn off the engine .
Get the order wrong , and you will screw up your engine and it will probably go down as the most costly mistake you will ever make .
I am not sure about how the intercooler fits into this so if you have to flush , please be careful.
When I was flushing , I had it set up so I had to remove a old quick disconnect from the flushing hole before doing it .
This useless , extra step acted to reminded me to start the engine 1st .
Wow! And to think I was in a good mood this morning! That's a lot to think about. I have a three year warranty on both these skis, and most likely, just like everything else I've owned, the major problems start after the warranty has expired! I've had these skis now for almost a year, and have only managed to put 12 hours on them, the average will probably be 15-20 hrs per year. I only ride them at lake mead, which is clean fresh water, so I don't have to worry about salt or brackish water. Didn't know about the muffler issue, I'll be sure to NOT flush them after use since they are fresh water skis. Thank you for the reply, now I know what to look out for. P.S., one of the major reasons I bought these is they were on sale for $10,999 each to get rid of them Pryor to the 2016s coming out.
264.jpg

Those are very nice high performance jet skis . you will have a lot of fun with them

[MENTION=53538]gti130[/MENTION]wow Why so much hate towards supercharged ski's? Honda, Seadoo, Yamaha, and Kawasaki all use forced induction in their performance ski's. The supercharger is a maintenance item. If not properly maintained yes they will obviously fail.

[MENTION=53538]gti130[/MENTION]wow Why so much hate towards supercharged ski's? Honda, Seadoo, Yamaha, and Kawasaki all use forced induction in their performance ski's. The supercharger is a maintenance item. If not properly maintained yes they will obviously fail.

I don't read about these problems with other manufacturers sc .I think it's because your relying to much on your the sc to obtain your desired hp on a consumer product . 4 cyl and 1.8 or even 2 liters at the same hp level would result in a much more reliable product . Some hard core pwc enthusiasts know the pros and cons and if their happy God bless them but unfortunately their are many that get a rude awaking only after buying it or after their motor gets gernaded following the 200 hr repair duration. I have never seen such bs from a consumer product . I got a survey in the mail a month a go . Who they represent I don't know , but gave perfect marks for my GTI 130 . It's over due for them to add a cylinder to their performance skis like the rest and stop being so cheap .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, so I wanted to say hi. Last year I purchased a 2015 RXP-X260 and a 2015 RXT-X260, both new. They both have about 12 hours on them, and I have done the 10 hours oil change on both. My question is, what should I do in the future as far as services and what should I look out for out inspect? Your input would be greatly appreciated!!

Congrats on the ski's. Nice price too.

Beware the doom and gloom from the N/A pool.

I give mine a once over before it gets wet and before I tuck it back into the garage bay. Check your clamps.....uhm.....can't think of much else.

Just FYI, this GTI 130 wow guy is a well known troll that bashes SC skis, for whatever reason. Others have said it is because he is envious of them, who knows.

I would just suggest you rebuild your SC's in 3 years. You won't have any issues with them with the low hours you put on them.

I used to live in San Diego and made about 10 trips a year up to Lake Mead, back in the days when they had water, LOL. My favorite ski spot was Virgin Cove, which used to be up in Overton branch, but it disappeared in 2001, and will likely never return with the drought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back