New Seadoo, having problems, any help?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

macombcb

Just bought a new 2010 Seadoo RXT 215 about a month ago. Today was the first day I was able to put it on the water. I decided to take it out on the Myrtle Beach intercoastal waterway. Noticed a few things and need some opinions.

First, the maintenance required wrench light was on. The ski was NOT beeping at me, but the light would not go off. This ski is brand new with 0 hours. The dealer near here tried to hook up their laptop to find out the problem but computer wasn't working. They stated it is probably something that just needs to be reset and I should be good to ride again before I take it to them next month sometime to have it winterized. Any suggestions?

Second, I don't know if it was just me, but it felt like the right side had a little more of a lean than the left. Nothing too drastic, but when I looked at the rear it seemed as if there were bubbles coming from the battery compartment as if air was coming out and hitting standing water on top. I immediately went to the dock to see if I was taking on water but there was none to be found at all inside the battery compartment, bilge pump compartment, or engine compartment. I even reached in the water and made sure the plugs were screwed in tight and they were. Any comments?

Thanks for any help.

-Casey

With a new 4-tec ski... I wouldn't keep riding it until I knew what the waring light was. It could be something stupid... but it could be bad.

If the dealer can't talk to it... call BPR, and tell them. The dealer may be trying to be cheap, and hasn't paid for the 2010 updates.

As far as the leaning... it's probably normal. A lot of skis will lean to one side or the other while riding. The reason for that is, at certain speeds, it's easier to sit on the flats of the hull. (I wouldn't worry about that)

What's up with the maintenance lights on all these brand new Seadoos? Any technical bulletins from BRP on this?

Yeah I wouldnt ride it. Also, I would make them figure it out. It's brand new, so it is their problem, not yours.

It may be the dealer didn't set it up properly from the factory...let them check it.

Karl

The dealer did not properly set it up. When you go to program one you have to reset the maint even when it does not have anything on it. I don't know why but have sent a couple out like that and learned we needed to reset the maint light when we tear out a new one. The leaning things is not just you. When I rode one it felt the same way. The ski is fine. It is not having a maint issue and it is not taking on water. If you look at the corner bumper piece water is catching that and making it look like it is coming out of the battery compartment. Your RXT is fine. Have a good ride.

Same problem

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and new to the PWC world. Well I just purchased a 2010 GTX 155 and drove it aprox 6 mins and got a warning light (small wrench) called the dealer and they picked up my new ride last week. They said there is a recall on the IBR unit and were trying too locate a new one. WTF this is a brand new unit!!!!!! called Sea Doo and they were useless. any suggestion's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back