New Resto XP 1998?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
Not sure about the model year of these two. One is a parts ski. I was told by the seller this was a "go fast" engine so I'll post a picture of the engine... best I could with all the sunshine and glare I'm not sure how deep I'll have to go to get this ski up to speed. I don't see a model number on the rear of these skis. Where are they hiding it??1998 XPs trailer.jpeg1998 XPs trailer2.jpeg

Attachments

• 98 XP Engine.jpeg
    98 XP Engine.jpeg
    807.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 98 XP Engine2.jpeg
    98 XP Engine2.jpeg
    1,002.5 KB · Views: 1
You don’t need a model number as it is a 1998 XP Limited.

@Matt Braley will recognize the aftermarket head and parts. The pipe is stock though.

Rossier heads ?? Not so sure about the spelling. :) I would suspect there are other parts in there as well. Does this engine use reed valves? I haven't looked at anything yet. He said it didn't need much. We shall see. This is a way different set up that what I have been seeing in the Seadoos.

Yes, all 951's are reed motors.

I would putt the engine down completely and inspect all parts and install new gaskets and seals. A tired or poorly prepped 951 will never last stock, let alone with go fast parts on it.

LOL deleted my post while editing. Anyway. Yes... leak down and do some maintenance as long is everything tests well. I don't mind pulling the heads and and checking the cylinders. I like doing top ends. :) Bottom ends... not so much. I guess I have to warm up to them.

Well, keep in mind the bottom end is the weak link in a 951 when they go they take the cases with them every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back