New owner RXT issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

svshaw82

Hey guys,
Nice to meet all of you in advance. New Seadoo owner here, joined to ask for advice and see if anyone could help me troubleshoot and learn more about my new toy. I just acquired a free 2005 RXT Supercharged, only because the PO got a quote for excessive engine damage. Instead of junking it, he said i can have it if i can fix it lol!

Now, the shop ticket he shared with me says "unit is very noisy, check supercharger sounds blown. Check for faults, found MPEM com fault error to cluster (sending unit not giving correct info to MPEM) MPEM needs to be replaced. Found coolant level very low. If supercharger let go, engine rebuild required."

Now, since then i used my mini camera probe to look inside the cylinders, supercharger, and intake manifold. Ive found no evidence of mechanical damage. All cylinders look good and clean, some light corrosion on cylinder 2 piston head but nothing huge. All spark plugs were fithly, but electrodes werent worn out at all. Supercharger on my scope looks clean and no signs of mechanical damage. It also feels sturdy when i try moving by hand, as in not super loose or alot of back and forth play. There is some play it, but no more then i feel would be excessive. Also no debris found inside the intake manifold.

PO said its starts up and idles fine, but the moment you pull the gas to go it shuts down. They stole the battery out of it for their other seadoos, so im waiting for my new one to arrive before i can confirm this. But since then i have been going through the engine compartment, nothing out of the ordinary. Its clean, no signs of leaks, smells like an engine room lol.

Now all that said, do you guys have any recommendations for me to pursue? Ive done some reading on the site, planning to chase and clean all electrical grounds, drop some marvel oil in the cylinders, replace the plugs with new, plan to unplug all electrical connectors and lubricate for continuity. Steering cable seems to be a little tight, it might need replacing. My concern right now is thw engine. What do you guys think? Thanks again in advance for any help. All suggestions are appreciated!

Word for word... here is what the repair shop ticket says...

"6/16/18 TM Customer brought in unit for an engine Beeb and light coolant reservoir empty check for leaks, estimate for diagnostic $168.
1) Engine beep light TM Tech DP, start and run, unit is very noisy check supercharger very noisy and sounds blown check for faults. Found MPEM comm error, Sender unit not giving correct info to MPEM. MPEM needs to be replaced.
2) Reservoir empty check for leaks TM Tech DP, coolant level very low.
6/16/18 TM called customer to inform him what we had found and the repairs that will be needed for sure the supercharger let go and may have internally damaged the engine. To find out we will need a terror down to see the full extent of damages. Just to start the supercharger and MPEM Fix will be an estimate of $1800, With the exception that it may not completely resolve the issue. (MPEM is also obsolete for this unit)"

And thats it guys, reads to me like he went in on a beeping error and low coolant. And they are saying computer is bad and supercharger is blown. And they didnt even list what the problem was on the low coolant, lol!

Original owner said it was all running perfect until the beeping started. He also says on the stand, you can start and idle fine. Once you hit the throttle it dies.

Hi, did you figure out the problem on 2005 RXT, If you havent i would pull the supercharger, get a compression ready in drown mode and before you do all that get the codes if there are any after you get battery install, my 2005 Rxt beeps a lot when tank is full, when fuel is low it shows on display more than half tank full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back