new owner of 2005 sportster with some issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beach81959

Hello to all
I just picked up a 2005 sportster for a real nice price but she needs some TLC, the previous owner was running tc-w3 oil so that changed, the reverse cable was almost frozen, thats new now, and it hadn't been cleaned, waxed or anything in years, spent 3 weeks scrubbing waxing etc, looks very pretty now. I had it out on it's second trip and it started screeching a single long warning beep and went to idle speed only (overheating?) I flushed it real good, everything seems to flow like it should and ran smooth but wont go above idle. I checked the water temp sensor and the exhaust temp sensor, both ohm out at 1666 ( a little low but its 90 degrees today). the fault shows up immediately even with the engine cold, I checked all the other sensors just for fun while I was there and the rave solenoid read very high, but not open, could that cause a fault code to be set? Does anyone on Long Island NY have a CANDOO PRO to check/clear these codes, I'd gladly pay for your services

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back