New Owner - Complete Resto in store for a 1999 GTX LTD PICS!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey141414

Hey Everyone!

So, I do kind of have a habit of getting into something new and REALLY getting into it. So, I guess it is Sea Doos now.

I live in Kansas City and my late Grandfather had a cabin down at the lake of the Ozarks about 2.5 hours away. Last summer we noticed an old Sea Doo across the cove up on the grass and didn't really pay it much attention. I've always liked riding PWC, but have had limited opportunities other than borrowing the neighbors and renting occasionally. Well, the lake flooded over the winter and the Sea Doo drifted straight across and sits on our grass now! We contacted the owner and they said they don't want to come get it and that I can have it! They are going to give me the title, BOS, keys and any other parts they might have for it. Not much history, other than they have 2 other skis and have used this one as a parts ski. I got a trailer off CL and am pretty excited to get down there and rescue the ski and start seeing what all it needs to get back to riding condition. Below are some pics that my uncle took. If anyone has any recommendations, I would be grateful. I have already been cruising threads and gathering info. I downloaded the service manuals and parts diagrams. I figure the first thing to do is try and run a compression test and see if the engine is good or not. That will determine quite a bit. After I see if it is going to go somewhere, I will start a build thread for it.

I look forward to hanging out with you all! Shout out to any KC folks! Go Royals!

Mikey

IMG_3506.jpgIMG_3514.JPGIMG_3515.JPGIMG_3517.JPGIMG_20160508_195415.jpgIMG_20160508_195517.jpgIMG_20160508_195620.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back