New Owner 1997 GTI want to install a tach and other questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ymirguy

I bought this machine 2 years ago with a blown engine caused by overheating because it ingested gravel. I had the cylinders bored out and installed new pistons. I have broken it in for about 4 hours, and I have some questions. I am not very familiar with Seadoo but have worked on engines for years.

1. How do I check to see if I have gravel plugging my cooling system, I did run over a gravel bar last summer, where do you look?
2. There were 3 locations for instruments but only 2 installed. The 3rd space was covered with an easlily removed plug. I bought a Used Seadoo tach. It has a pair of wires each with 2 wires joined into a junction. I have seen a kit that seemed to connect these wires to some kind of multi plug. The dealer here says that kit is no longer available. How would I wire this tach?, as there was a hole for it, I would think it would be designed for the tach.
3. Synthetic or Regular oil? I was breaking it in with regular oil.
4. Oil type, I have noticed that Seadoos take the other 2 stroke oil ie not TCWC III. I see that oil fairly cheap at the automotive store, it is safe to go away from the Seadoo OIL?
5. I removed and blocked off the oil pump with a kit. This was on the advice of Skidoo owners, so I mix the oil.
6. Should I use premium gas?
7. How many hours for break in? Manual says 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back