New motors installed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhvas2006

Hi everyone so over the weekend I finally got my two motors from fullbore installed. The installer and I went to take the boat out for a test run, one motor ran like a champion no problems the other motor we noticed if we punched the throttle the engine would cut out. we adjusted the carbs based on what the manual says and we keep having the same issue some adjustments made a little bit better some made a little worse. I know a lot of you have experience with these boats what is your guys opinion on this.6661C9A1-F13C-44DD-8792-C4B363FB51D3.jpegE51AF20D-A22A-4DED-A523-DAC80355A134.jpeg

I would suggest rebuilding all 4 carbs properly with OEM mikuni kits, change all the fuel and oil filters, and be sure the fuel valves are not clogged. Fuel starvation will cause you to be sending some more money to Fullbore. Does your mechanic have Sea-Doo specific experience?

Sounds like a lean bog. When you rebuild those carbs, make sure you spray some carb cleaner into the pilot jet port and see it coming out of all of the tiny transition ports inside the carb throat. Also, make sure your pop-off is correct. When doing the rebuild, it's customary to reuse the carb springs, unless they give an incorrect pop-off pressure.

Thanx guys, I’m gonna find out what exactly he gonna do I know he said he’s going to take apart those carbs so my guess is he will be rebuilding but we will c.

As Ido said the tiny holes in the side of the carb bore are hard to get clean some times, the importance of using genuine mikuni carb can not be stated enough. The kits don't come with needles and seats and you want to make sure those are genuine too. Let us know how it goes

If it were mine and I have one running well. I’d swap the carbs engine to engine. See if the problem moves or stays at the same engine. This would for sure tell you if you have a carb issue and or a. Issue with just that one engine.

Oh, Chester pointed out in a similar thread that it could be an issue with the accelerator pump. It squirts fuel into the carbs when you push on the throttle. If your boat has the accel pump, it'll be on one carb only with a little hose to both. They are super easy to test. Just have someone move the throttle and they should spray fuel into the throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back