New Members and Profile page: MUST READ!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just joined this week as I just purchased my first sea-doo. I am in need of help and was googling different things I needed answers to and every time this site came up so I figured it was the place to be. I look forward to picking the brains of the experienced members for a long time to come.

morning all, I am a neebie to this forum, and need some help on a 1997 gtx. The coil cracked and appeared to have back fed the MPEM, buring up the white wire in both the rear and front boxes. (maybe due to a trickle charger over the winter??). In any event I am looking for a new MPEM and noticed that the MPEMs for the 1997 GTX's ( 278001200, 278001242 278001133) are a lot more expensive than the MPEM for other models such as the 1997 SPX which has a part number 278001255. So my question is what happens if I use the SPX MPEM or the XP
MPEM for the same years. Would I loose a guage or is the timing set up so far different that it does damage. Thanks. PS I like this site. EPW

Thank you

Hello everyone
Thanks for the info n for letting me b a part of thes forum. Looking forward to learning all about my doo.
Kody

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have had my seadoo for 14 years and i am finally getting around to doing some do it yourself work.

Bonjour : )
Hello hello seadoo and PWC lovers, little east coast gal here checkin in. I dont frequent forums much but might take some time to poke around here! My names Zoë and I make vinyls/die cuts. I currently only sell on one snowboard forum, but as I am unemployed I thought I would maybe take a stab at taking orders outside the one sport.

I re did all the vinyl on my own seadoo:
529054_10151871383560603_553148057_n.jpg
427449_10151951489930603_200574370_n.jpg

if this is something that might interest the community could someone please point me in the right direction to start a thread for it : ) please and thanks, and if someone here already offers this service, then I dont mean to step on anyones toes!

Thanks, Cheers!

Hello All,
Well, I just put the deposit on a '97 Challenger 1800 tonight. I'm anxious to pick it up on Friday and try it out this weekend. I currently own Bomber DS650, but I know that doesn't count on this forum...lol. I've historically been a Kawasaki watercraft owner, so I'm hoping the Sea Doo family will treat me right.
Thanks for adding me to your crew.
Cheers

A simple request, please put your ski(s) in your profile.

As the title states, we need your ski(s) to be included in your profile.

Dr Honda and myself just wasted two days helping a guy from Sweden. He didn't have his ski in his profile and we didn't think to ask. As it turned out he had a 97XP which has a different drive system than any other ski, and of course the problem was in the drive system.

Also please put your geographic location, at least tell us what part of the country you are from, please don't use terms like World, USA, Canada. It makes a difference on how we answer your questions.

Thanks,

Lou

Sounds good. My profile shows N. Phx, AZ for locaiton, should I say North Phoenix, AZ? And I'll change the watercraft to '97 Challenger 1800.
thanks for the heads up,
Matt

New Here in Branford ct. great jetski terrotory we have the thimble islands i have 2 96 GTX's both are headaches and i am a mechanic

Just joined and read the welcome. This site is great, already have a bunch of stuff I plan to do to my newly purchased 2004 Islandia.
Now going to attempt my first post and hopefully correctly.

Let's Ride!

New to Forum, happy to be aboard. One question, is this forum in any way connected to the Sea Doo manufacturer, Bombardier?

Hi all, just researching the later XP limited Skis, and saw a great community, so I decided to join.

PS: Whats with all the "help its broken" first posts, here, in the New member info thread lol?

I'm not sure what an activation E-mail is, he's already listed as a member. Have him PM me, and I'll see what I can do.

Lou

Hello, Just fell into this forum page as I was looking for parts for my new to me 96 Bombardier GTX. I paid nothing for this machine and she shows it. Hope to get it cleaned up and sericed before spring hits. It was a fresh water ski from Claytor Lake in Pulaski VA and I am very pleased that I paid nothing for it. Even came with a trailer. The seats are worn out, there is no Battery and I am not even sure it runs yet but it is now in my garage and I look forward to getting her running again. I will visit often. Thanks again.

Hello, Just fell into this forum page as I was looking for parts for my new to me 96 Bombardier GTX. I paid nothing for this machine and she shows it. Hope to get it cleaned up and sericed before spring hits. It was a fresh water ski from Claytor Lake in Pulaski VA and I am very pleased that I paid nothing for it. Even came with a trailer. The seats are worn out, there is no Battery and I am not even sure it runs yet but it is now in my garage and I look forward to getting her running again. I will visit often. Thanks again.

Hi & welcome.
Nice ski :) :)
Once you figure out what you need to fix, start a new thread in the 2 stroke section and everyone will help you get it running

Hey everybody. Good to be here. I'm completely new...COMPLETELY NEW to PWC's and for that matter 2 stroke motors. I've done a bit of shade tree wrench turning on the old mustang and my old boats, but i'll be picking your brains and asking for help a bunch I bet. I'm also out here in SE Asia with no official service centers to take my 1997 GTX to. I'll start posting in the tech sections, but it's good to be here. Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Hi to All,
Proud owner of 2 ancient 1990 and 91 Seadoos. Picked them up last night. Glad to have found this forum, as I will have every noob question to ask. Found a shop that will check them out and do a preseason tuneup. Now all I need is insurance. Any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back