New member from Tennessee

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

navy06

New member from Lynchburg TN. I have a 2019 Seadoo GTX155. Haven’t used much but now have dock space at Marina so hope to use more this summer and in future. Retired Navy Captain with zero boating knowledge (Dental Officer). Hope to get some advice in future on operation and maintenance and glad to be part of the group.

Navy worked out great for me. I did 33 years total 8 active duty and the rest a very active reservist. I was the Dentist they could call for short term assignments mostly overseas. I made 12 trips to Bahrain alone. Did you stay in CT after your Navy career?

Did you stay in CT after your Navy career?
No...got tired of the high security clearance hassle.

I spent quite a bit of time overseas, too. Azores, Germany, Iceland, Guam, Diego Garcia.

The highlight was being in Germany when the Berlin wall fell.

I made it to those except Diego Garcia. My time in Germany was only a stopover on my way to Gulf War. Much of my travels was a 3 month med cruise on Forrestal. They were short of Dental officers and I volunteered for three months. Met the ship in Egypt and left in Spain. A lot of good ports but ship duty was not something I did much of. I did manage to go on operation rememberance the biggest boon doggle and the favorite time of my career. Met a ship in Sidney and went all over South Pacific celebrating WW2 battles on Guadalcanal and New Caladonia. Without the Navy being a Dentist and Pharmacist would have been a very boring career. They also paid for me to attend Marquette Dental school. When people say thanks for your service I feel a little guilty as I got a lot more than I gave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back