New From Fresno Ca

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sleeperxp

Hi, My name is Spencer, new to the forums and looking for people to ride with in California. First Post on the forums, Always looking for advice!
My Skis:
2008 yamaha Fx-sho
1996 Xp 800- mostly stock IMG_4361.JPG IMG_4360.JPG
1996 Xp 800- barely stock
IMG_0643.JPGIMG_0662.JPG

can you tell me about it? i️ literally just bought that ski, and i️ had no idea which head it is, has 210/210 compression. runs on 1/2 110/91 octane with 40:1 premix. assuming it’s a really small dome size. never heard of VE.

VE was a small company that made big bore cylinder kits and those cylinder heads like you have there. You also have a Factory Pipe Spec 2 kit with ECWI(electronically controlled water injection). I see a set of sponsons on the ski also for precise handling. Someone has put accelerator pump carbs on it from a 97 or later 787 and hopefully they have been re-jetted.

VE was a small company that made big bore cylinder kits and those cylinder heads like you have there. You also have a Factory Pipe Spec 2 kit with ECWI(electronically controlled water injection). I see a set of sponsons on the ski also for precise handling. Someone has put accelerator pump carbs on it from a 97 or later 787 and hopefully they have been re-jetted.

Well that’s cool to hear, with that set up, what size jets would you run? i’m not sure if it has been jetted or not, but would like you input.

If it has run in this configuration for years and still has perfect, even compression then it is probably set up OK. I don't like trying to feed a race machine with stock carbs but if I did I'd have about 80 lows and 150ish highs. Factory Pipe has instructions online that probably state the recommended jetting but that's just a starting point.

just got ski on the water yesterday after noon, ski has a lot of power but won’t go past 45 mph, when ever you go to WOT it bogs or sound like it won’t rev... very wierd, might be because the original owner put stock carbs on that ski, not sure if he jetted or not. so where would you dtart

I would start by making sure your not lean because that's an engine killer. When it bogs instead of running up to WOT give it a couple pumps of the primer or pull the choke half way out if you still have one. If that improves the situation then you know you don't have enough fuel getting to the engine.

I would also replace the regulator/rectifier because it's a common failure point on 96 787's and when they go they restrict the revs.

Try and get some history on the ski if you can. Who put these parts on it? What were they trying to achieve? Did they ever have it ripping at it's potential or did they just give up and sell it to you?

okay ill look into it. the guy who sold it to me acquired it due to a death. never used it for 3 years, said he took it out to the lake once and that was it. never said it bogged like that. i️ will order a rectifier today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back