New Family Boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

gijeremy99

Gents,

I'm in the Market this Show season to buy a New or New to me boat. This will not be my first boat, I Have had my current boat (17' 79 Invader) for about 10 years. It has reached retirement age, and my family has outgrown it.

I recently was introduced to Jet boats, and honestly I didn't even know they existed. I was all set looking for a pre-owned V-drive, wake-board setup boat. After doing a lot of research I've now decided to go with a jet-boat.

For me the 2 main reasons for the switch were; 1) Safety, 2) price versus value

Where I'm at now is deciding on going with a 1-3 year old preowned or gettting a New one. I will be attending all my Boat shoes this Fall/winter to try and get a good deal on some left over inventory 2011's.

The models I am most interested in are the Wake board or Sport models. And the 21' seems to fall into my price point. I really like the Sea-doo 210 wake and SP, and the discontinued Yamaha 212X. I want to avoid the Superchargers if I can, but not a deal breaker if the price is right. I favor the Wake for the ballast system, tower speakers and board racks, but the SP for the color.... I want at least a 2010 for the Transat seating in the back...by wife love's that (should read....will have it). I also like the new single throttle instead of the doubles..but that mainly because what im used too...and that perfect pass or ITC sounds like a godsend...

What are your guys thoughts, should I pick up a used 2010 (what would be a good price?) or try to get a good deal on a left over 2011's ( price?) or possibly a 2012? Any opinions are welcome.

Thanks

Jeremy

You've described my own dream boat. The 210 Wake seems to have it all, doesn't it? The transat seats are great, and the boat has all the right features. The 2011 model has an updated tower which is supposed to be better for wake boarding with the tow point closer to the middle of the boat. I wouldn't rule out a '10 model because of that, unless you are a serious 'boarder and only the best will do. The two normally-aspirated motors will make good power and be fine unless you really like the extra power and top speed. But the SC motors definitely drink fuel faster and require some more maintenance.

I've got a 180 Challenger SE with a single supercharged motor which has been fun and is a great boat for the money. But I'd happily trade up to a 210 Wake if a great deal came along. Hopefully you'll get some owners to chime in, but the 210 Wake seems to have everything you could want in a boat. Once you learn about how they drive (you need power to steer and they steer "backwards" in reverse), they're a lot of fun and as you say, no props to worry about. You can also go in shallow water without fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back