new challengers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

potterbilt84

i have a 2007 challenger stock 310 hp i believe it is... i want to know how the new ones you can get optional 510hp. what all did they do to it to get 510. any ideas?i wanna make it faster but im new to all of this so any info would be great.

I'm afraid there is no feasible way to get the supercharged power out of the none supercharged engines. There are just too many differences. You would need two of everything, superchargers, inter coolers, ECMs, injectors, ect.... the list would just keep going on. By the time you were done you would probably be out ten grand.

If you want a bit more hole shot, I would look at an after market impeller.

Aaron

i have a 2007 challenger stock 310 hp i believe it is... i want to know how the new ones you can get optional 510hp. what all did they do to it to get 510. any ideas?i wanna make it faster but im new to all of this so any info would be great.

Jus some basic knowlege , the stock prop is the best general purpose prop at full load . If you generally run light ( only 1 to 3 people and you dont weigh 400lb each , You can put a prop on with a stiffer pitch , I dont know what you have so I am only being general
If you have a 15 /19 prop 150mm you could put a 19/23 pitch 150mm on and your top end will increse but it will not jump out on plane as fast .

The lighter the boat the faster it can go
The better the engine breathes the more power it can create
The less drag on the hull The faster it can go (Think Wax on Hull)
The greater ease that water enters the grate the harder it can shoot back out

Some things you do need to know
At full throttle can you reACH 7100RPM you can take a little stiffer prop , if you cannot reach 6900 RPM you have to stiff of a prop , This assumes that the engine is working properly in both cases. The spaciffic RPM's to your engine could be different . Check your manual.

Now the wear ring if warn at all will keep you from getting even the performance that the prop you have is capable of .

A person can play arround with different props for alot less money than making major changes to the engine and changing them seems to be able to be done quite fast .

You would need these parts

2 Innercoolers
2 Superchargers
2 Crank gears to drive the superchargers
6 Forged pistons
2 Valve train upgrade
6 Injectors
2 mpem's
2 Impellers

wait a year from now and buy a 510hp. it will be cheaper.

I would go with the stiffer props (about 600 per pair)
Then add the electric supercharger (about $550 pair )
would give you 1 or 2 pounds of boost . comes on when you push a button and goes off when you release the button
Just the thing when getting out of the hole but does not burn extra fuel ,

Check out this site but you can get then cheeper
http://www.electricsupercharger.com/

This one can gige up to 8 psi of boost , not reccomended but shows what can be done
http://www.electricsupercharger.net/

This one chan be had
http://blujay.com/?page=ad&adid=2186897&cat=2020304

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks everyone

i was really curious what they did differently. i have a 2007 230 challeneger. i figured as much trying to piece it together would be expensive.. i mainly want to get a lil more oomph out of mine. im still learning about all this stuff. only place i have heard about was riva,but they only have stuff for pwc from what i saw... websites if yall have them would be much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back