New boat owner, needs tips and suggestions?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

slight31

I just bought my first boat and i believe its the 2000 Seadoo challenger with the twin 85 hp engines. I have never owned a boat before and also have not really been around them all that much. I'm pretty concerned that I won't know what i am doing and maybe mess something up. The seller really didn't give me any information about what to do and how to prepare the boat. So any tips would be really nice.

A couple questions, how long does the oil last in these boats and what kind of oil should I use. Also just wondering if I can fill this boat up at a gas station or what. I have been reading that your not suppose to do that or something. Anyway, any tips and suggestions would be awesome. Also if you have any good links that would be good too?

Gas is the same from pump to dock . A good tip is pay for the premium gas may cost but much cleaner. And if your not aware of your rules and regualtions around you its a good idea to take your boaters education class required I think in most states now.

Get the old oil bottle from the old owner, mixing 2stroke oil is a gamble - make sure the oil system is drinking, mark the tank when ownership transfers and beginning each season.

Back