New batteries

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a flooded battery the NAPA 16CL-B are great.
If you want a sealed the Yuasa YTX20HL-BS-PW is available on Amazon.

I like the etx16L batteries. 325CCA. Get one made in the USA. Orieleys, etc. Or the AGM version of what miki posted. (amazon is confusing).

I have gotten 4 years out of the Napa ones with a battery tender.
The sealed ones have a higher cranking amp but are more expensive. I just paid $100 for the top brand Yuasa one on Amazon.

Just stay away from the off brands like Walmart NeverStarts.

Only with a small charger like a battery tender. A car battery charger will fry them.

A new battery is like catching a cold: treat it and it will last weeks. Don't treat and it will last... two weeks...

Just joking but I decided to stick with Yuasa: cheap but you know you will have to replace it after 2-3 years.

Benji.

A new battery is like catching a cold: treat it and it will last weeks. Don't treat and it will last... two weeks...

Just joking but I decided to stick with Yuasa: cheap but you know you will have to replace it after 2-3 years.

Benji.

What Yuasa did you get ? I have a 96 SPI and currently there is a lawnmower batter in there. LOL I'd like to put something that fits properly but don't need top of the line. I may replace it every year as this ski won't get used enough to benefit from an expensive battery. I am also going to need the bands that hold the batter in place.

Help would be appreciated.
Gene

Well, I don't know how the Yuasa is "Cheap" as they are the best batteries you can get and last the longest.
The standard Yuasa's are the flooded YB16CL-B and I have never seen them under $60 dry but then you have to pay a shop to fill it and if you didn't buy it from them they typically charge $20.

I would consider a "cheap" battery to be the Walmart NeverStart crap.

You're probably right. I meant to say that a 100$+ fancy battery is not worth it. Stick to the original I did!

Benji.

I know there are a lot of Walmart haters but I have been using their batteries for about 15 years in my cars, sump pump back up and now for 2 seasons in my Seadoo and have had not a single problem. I do keep my Seadoo on a trickle charger whenever it is parked so don't know if that has any bearing on it though. Maybe I just have had good luck. I am also using an sbt starter and wear ring now for I believe 4 seasons and they not failed me yet either. Guess I am just a risk taker!

I think you are just lucky Luv2Camp. I have seen a couple walmart batteries bad out of the box and a crap SBT starter break first hand.

I know there are a lot of Walmart haters but I have been using their batteries for about 15 years in my cars, sump pump back up and now for 2 seasons in my Seadoo and have had not a single problem. I do keep my Seadoo on a trickle charger whenever it is parked so don't know if that has any bearing on it though. Maybe I just have had good luck. I am also using an sbt starter and wear ring now for I believe 4 seasons and they not failed me yet either. Guess I am just a risk taker!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Here's to livin dangerous !! :) LOL

I have a 5yr old Walmart battery in our boat... Hoping for 6. I do carry a jump pack with me at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back