New & Advice needed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Tooraktim

Hi Everyone
Recently imported brand new 2011 GTI 130SE from the US to Melbourne, Australia. Fantastic machine, alas, after 10 Hrs needs a service. Contacted the Local BRP/Seadoo dealer and they won't touch it cos 'we want to protect the Australian market'. Forgive my ignorance, but aren't they manufactured in Canada? What Australian market? Does anyone know where I can get my ski service by an accredited locally?
Cheers

Hi Everyone
Recently imported brand new 2011 GTI 130SE from the US to Melbourne, Australia. Fantastic machine, alas, after 10 Hrs needs a service. Contacted the Local BRP/Seadoo dealer and they won't touch it cos 'we want to protect the Australian market'. Forgive my ignorance, but aren't they manufactured in Canada? What Australian market? Does anyone know where I can get my ski service by an accredited locally?
Cheers

I think what they mean, is to protect their sales by discouraging people from importing their own stuff from a cheaper market by not providing any assistance. The product is identical though. You'll find no official BRP distributer will help with your servicing. There are mechanics around who will service your machine, but you'll have to ask around or search these threads/posts. The only real problems from importing occur when your lose the DESS or something major occurs. Then it'll be a real pain.

good luck & enjoy your machine.

Hey Tooraktim,

There are only 2 places i know of that may be able to help you out.

One is Projet in tullamarine. Muz is the owner and a really nice guy has helped me out with some jet boats i imported from the states.

Also there is Seadoo Centre in Campbellfield or Thomastown. Have been there before for a computer reading and also found them to be helpful also.

Hope this helps

worst case tooraktim, you can find the thread's you need on here to do your own work. If you lose your dess key you can even send you mepm to minnetoka4me (i think its him) and he can make you a new key. I know it would be a pain, but its always an option. I think it's crap they wont work on your machine. What they charge per hour you think they would be all about it.

Have a chat to mick also. He's down south in Somerville however with east link its freeway all the way now.

In the states if a dealer refuses to work on a unit you can contact the manufacture and report them. Guess this does not apply in the Down Under

Hope you find someone to service your ski.

Down here we don't have locally made jet skis so BRP, Yamaha etc want to protect their dealers down here and they all don't support grey imports. You can typically save thousands by importing something. Manufacturers want to discourage this by making greys hard to service

Look in to buying a candoo pro home edition around 500 hundred bucks n.z ....self diagnose, key programming etc etc and I'm sure with one of these babies you would find a mechanic that would like to share services. And it would really piss your local dealer off

from what I've learned most stealerships here as complete idiots when it comes to grey imports as soon as you mention you've imported they basically don't want to know you..

I agree they should protect the market. When you buy at raised cost you are also paying for the after sales service. If it look to good to be true than it always is.

First of all I have no information on BRP dealer contractual agreements. However I do work at a automobile dealership and I do know that both General Motors and Volvo do NOT require their dealers to service their cars for out of warranty work or even for routine service. They do require their dealers to perform in warranty repairs no matter where the car was purchased.

We do however accept pretty much all cars for service, I think it's the old profit game. However there have been a few that we have not serviced. IE, cars that have previously been improperly repaired, cars that have been wrecked with a salvage title, and cars that belong to customers that are impossible to deal with. Both GM and Volvo have world wide data bases that can pinpoint problems as well as authorized work that has been performed on their products.

Lou

Look in to buying a candoo pro home edition around 500 hundred bucks n.z ....
Nick ....have you got a link or any info as to where to get one of these from N.Z?.. I'm thinking of getting one the candoos either pro or home but also with the currency conversion going from AUD to USD it would prolly be more $$$ for me but maybe not as much if I can get one out N.Z.. anyways cheers.

I got mine from the US because AUS & NZ dollars are so strong. Get the home version this costs $400 US and includes 4 licenses and one year tech help for any issues including diagnostics. As far as I know no one in AUS & NZ is selling them.

Www.candoopro.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree they should protect the market. When you buy at raised cost you are also paying for the after sales service. If it look to good to be true than it always is.

Really?? In my experience you purchase at a ridiculously inflated cost compared with o/s and then pay ridiculously inflated costs for the after sales service ever after...

Back