new 717 engine break in

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I replaced a 717 engine in my speedster and have a question. I know there is a break in oil to run in 10 gallons of gas in addition to the stock injection system. What is the correct oil ratio????? Don't want to get this wrong as I've got a lot of time and $$ in this project.

thanks!!!

Hope she runs awesome for you CNC ...... how many hours were on the old 717 before she gave out. Also how is all the painting you did holding up ?? Handles , rub rail , and the gauge hood ?

Thanks mask1!! I have no idea on the hours. Paint has held up well. Run rail not so good. Need to do some touch up on the vinyl wrap but that was expected. I'll let y'all know how it runs.

Glad to hear all is well ... That beauty needs to be on the water !!!! My buddy had a 97 sportster with a single 717 SBT motor and it ran great for the 5 years he had it so I'm sure if you treat it like the rest of your boat you'll be good for years to come !!!

Finally took the new engine out for a break in today. Warmed it up at idle for 10 min then varied the throttle up to 20% for 30 minutes. Will go back later this week and vary up to 50% then 90% throttle. Got to get it done before the 4th!!

Well after the weekend of the 4th. I'm happy to say that the new engine ran great!! Got a top speed of 53 with one rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back