New 2018 Sea Doo Wake 230. Speed Governor, pulls to the right and trim seams to not noticeable.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruiser

Speed Governor?, pulls to the right? and trim seams to be not noticeable.

Just completed my first 3 hours on my 2018 Sea Doo Wake 230. I sold all my desert toys and decided to go PWC.
The new ST3 Hull™ is amazing, Cuts through wakes, pivots and turns like a pendulum, superior handling and balance.

I have some questions for you experienced PWC owners out there.
I understand that there is a software speed and power governor until 5 hours is completed? anyone know about that?
Is this the supercharger that engages after 5 hours.

Anyway I absolutely love my new Wake next question.
One thing I noticed that is pulls to the right and the steering handlebars is off center when going straight.
I'm hoping that this is just a manufacture prebuilt issue and the dealer will fix it.

Third question Trim, seams to be not noticeable when adjusting up and down is that normal?
How can I tell of the trim is working correctly. On my spark it's very obvious when I use the trim up and down on my spark.

Thank you.

I bought a GTI this year and yes, it was computer governed for 11 hours. I believe this is the norm since 2017. Your ski may act funky during these first hours, especially when it is cold. I would not be surprised if you say the supercharger doesn't kick in for these first hours.

As for the trim, I too thought that it was useless but when I went to ride one day with a passenger (we are both heavy weights), the trim function became useful. I guess you won't notice it during the breaking period and with not much weight on the ski.

Benji.

Was not sure what you meant by that but is it really pulling to the right meaning handle not straight aligned when you ride? No I didn't experienced that and I would say that it is definitely not normal.

In another recent discussion (on this forum), I pointed out that the manufacturing quality of these Sea-Doo's is not very high, having myself other issues with my ski (mainly crackling paint).

I would open immediately a case with my dealer if I were in your place.

Benji.

Supercharger doesn't 'kick in'. It is gear driven and runs at all times with the motor. Computer can't shut it off nor control it's boost pressure. What the computer does is simply limit throttle, fuel and timing to reduce HP and max RPM, almost the same end result as using the learner key.

It shouldn't 'pull' at all but steering center is adjustable, how is different by model but that's up to the dealer to correct since you paid for this in your PDI and setup.

VTS is much more noticeable on shorter/lighter hulls and in your case since you're speed limited you won't see the change in top speed available from it. You can however confirm visually it is working. Pick an open spot where you can run forward at 40mph (or more) without having to look forward. Look behind you and trim from full down to full up, you should see a very obvious change in the jet wash from nearly level with the lake to clearly humped up above your wake. If you see a change, it's working. On IBR models, you can't watch the VTS move motor off on the trailer like the older boats. VTS is the same motor as your IBR. VTS is fully down in neutral and reverse as well as when first moved to forward. The servo from forward then starts to move the trim up via the same linkages. Your dash may show VTS fully up but the computer won't move it there until your moving forward under power.

Yep, that summarizes it. Also, if you move your VTS (or use IBR I believe), when you stop the engine, you will hear the VTS resetting its position once engine OFF.

Our trim works but we look like dumb a**es driving it. Have to keep the bars turned to the left or else we go right

BRP is telling us now that’s it’s the haul design that make it steer like this! So pretty much let me drive it and look like I’m turning left at all time if I want to go forward and not turn right

If you sit centered on machine and let go of bars what happens? Any machine will draw slightly to left or right doing this depending on loading, NO machine will "pull".. If you let go of bars at 50, until it starts to lose plane it shouldn't go more than a couple of degrees either way and you should be able to counter that by moving your butt on the seat.

They will go dead straight ahead if you remove the steering nozzle and that nozzle should center itself from the jets force. If something is caught in the stator then the water flow out of it will be 'one sided' and can cause a severe pull. This you can see from rear but not from underneath.

I guess it depends on your definition of pull vs what it's doing.. From your description you need to have someone at the dealer actually drive the boat.

They drove it at the dealership and says brp came and drove it. This it at all speeds you have to hold bars to the left. It’s a pretty hard pull to the right, if they bars are held straight. Soneone at brp said that’s they way the haul is made now it’s a new design . That’s what they are telling us.

Find a dealer with a brain.. Every hull ever made was made balanced and equal side to side so that they wouldn't pull. No PWC buyer in the world would find a boat that pulls hard to one side to be of any value and would move on. They're full of it

There is a steering alignment procedure in the service manual, although I can’t believe that wasn’t checked by the dealership.

Guys this has been the dealer and now BRP telling us there is nothing wrong it’s the design of the haul to do this! And I’ve called huge dealerships in south Florida they laughed and said never have they Hd a issue with that happening. BRP upper management has finally contacted us we are waiting to find out now what will happen just made the 4 or 5 payment and summer is over and the thing is still in the shop!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back