New 195 coming next week -what do I need to check?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Dirt Squirt

I took the plunge and ponied up for a brand new 195. I'm picking it up next week, and was wondering if any of you other scarab owners can give me some tips on what to look for on my walk around / test drive. I appreciate any info. Thanks

With a new boat, usually the dealer will meet you at the lake with the boat and give you instruction on it's use and feeding. If he doesn't offer ask, this is pretty standard throughout the industry. He should also provide all the required safety equipment.

Lou

Ok. Got it. Took it for test drive at the dealer, and all seemed well. Bonus, it was a LOT quieter than I thought it would be. I guess after being used to a two stroke hammering away a foot and a half away from my head, anything would be quieter! I put it in my lake and blasted around all evening. It's computer only allows 3/4 power or so for the first 10 hrs, so I'm still puzting a bit. The interior is fantastic! All the seats are perfectly placed and super comfortable, the stereo rocks, and the build quality and attention to detail are best in class. I think this one is a keeper.
There are two little things I might need to check or adjust, when in neutral it still wants to creep forward a bit. I have to very slightly engage revers to get it to "hold" and the steering seems to have a little slop on center. Not bad, but it's there. I might try to fix it myself, or just hold off until the 25hr service. Any thoughts?

Ok. Got it. Took it for test drive at the dealer, and all seemed well. Bonus, it was a LOT quieter than I thought it would be. I guess after being used to a two stroke hammering away a foot and a half away from my head, anything would be quieter! I put it in my lake and blasted around all evening. It's computer only allows 3/4 power or so for the first 10 hrs, so I'm still puzting a bit. The interior is fantastic! All the seats are perfectly placed and super comfortable, the stereo rocks, and the build quality and attention to detail are best in class. I think this one is a keeper.
There are two little things I might need to check or adjust, when in neutral it still wants to creep forward a bit. I have to very slightly engage revers to get it to "hold" and the steering seems to have a little slop on center. Not bad, but it's there. I might try to fix it myself, or just hold off until the 25hr service. Any thoughts?

Wow welcome! And congrats I'm also thinking of buying a scarab. You guys are lucky, I bought my boat brand new and no dealer lake runs, nothing of the sort.. So I guess I didn't know anything about buying boats? Or my boat.

To the OP I would love to see pictures? Pictures would be great, also let me look up about the neautral going forward and get back to you, I know my neutral spins me around but doesn't go forward..

Back