Neutral hard to find

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ski&jeep

2004 GTX, I have a hard time finding neutral, any tips on adjusting the linkage? I can't find anything in the service manual. Thanks.

Get a ski with ibr, much easier to find. Just keep your hand on the reverse lever and feather it back and forth for the perfect neutral position.

There is no true neutral. The so-called neutral is a dam that moves over the output of the pump to divert the water pressure down instead of to the rear. So, yeah...it's hard to find that sweet spot that keeps the ski from moving at all. Try killing the engine if you need to sit still for a bit. Saves on gas that way too.

I second what natecnn said. While a newer boat with iBR will improve things, it's not a practical solution to a minor problem.

If you have the reverse with a big lever under the handle bar and close to the left of the small compartment, it is effectively hard to find the neutral.

I second what natecnn said. While a newer boat with iBR will improve things, it's not a practical solution to a minor problem.

Try an IBR ski one time, it is very practical. You can easily trim it to exact standstill. Think with IBR everybody can dock a ski, even the biggest idiot :)

I’m not saying anything against iBR. I’d love to have it. I’m saying it’s unreasonable to ditch a jet ski because it doesn’t have it. Buying a new jet ski is a very expensive solution to the minor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back