Needing new engine Challenger 2000 Mercery 240efi

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

emt911fire

I have had the engine in my Seadoo Challenger 2000 rebuilt twice. First time I only replace two pistons and another had a hairline crack that wasn't seen by the mechanic so it wasn't replaced and it blew apart before I got it in the water. So I replaced the remaining for pistons and re-installed the motor. I wasn't made aware of the fact that several of the head bolts were "possibly" stripped so when I got the boat in the water and saw water spraying out around the bolt I knew I had problems.

The question is would anyone know if this block will work in my engine?
Or could someone tell me how to check.

Also if my piston came back and blew a hole like this in the block is it possible that my crank isn't bent? The motor never seized and I drove the boat back to the dock after seeing the water as I was told by the mechanic it wouldn't be a problem.

It seems like the dealers in my area have absolutely no experience with this engine so I'm on my own.

Here is the listing off ebay.
Used REMANNED engine block (block only, no shaft or pistons) from a 2002 Seadoo Islandia (240 EFI merc). This engine was rebuilt/cleaned up and then never used. STD BORE. Now, you can tell the sleeves are either new, or had a very good hone job. They look GREAT.
Engine serial number: 0E406575

The serial number on my engine is Serial # 0E385911
If this block will work that appears to be my cheapest solution.

Thanks for any input provided.

Damon

Attachments

• IMG_1036.jpeg
    IMG_1036.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1043.jpeg
    IMG_1043.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1045.jpeg
    IMG_1045.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25