-----need steering cable for 97 gsx------

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brock1

Well after the mishap with the xp lately i finally said to myself WHAT ELSE COULD GO WRONG!!!!! Then on friday the GF nd i went out on the bay (25mph winds) 6-8ft waves.....we go out about 2 miles and the wind wasw blowing AWAY from shore we get out there and the GSX steering locks up and she almost hits me......so in the process of trying to get the freakin steering free i forced it kinda hard and BANG the rod broke off the column....WONDEFUL...out on the bay with no steering 2 miles out with 6-8 footers ....PERFECT FRIDAY AFTERNOON...and to make matters worse it was about 8pm....oh and by the way the rope i normally keep in the storage area .....yeah she took it out o tie the ski to the dock and LEFT IT ON THE DOCK !!!!!! .......so after about 2 hrs of trying to steer the thing back in we finally made it .....nedless to say if anyone has the WHOLE cable plastic bracket for the column and all it would be greatly appreciated

You know who to ask Brock.
Just send them a pm.

Thats sucks through. I think you have bad karma at the lake.
And what are the chances two people being hit by GF's.

At least there were two this time and CC didn't need to rescue you guys,

once piece of advice brock, or at least a general statement.

if you keep taking those ski's out to waters with 6 foot seas, your going to be repairing something about every 4th trip if your lucky, every other trip if your not.

big waves are not kind to ski's, motormounts, drivelines, cables, pumps, brackets, straps, supports, they're all going to start snapping in half on you left and right. This is just the beginning. ps... your out there riding solo again aren't you ? quite dangerous in the conditions your describing, only a matter of time before something bad happens.

so honestly, monthly repairs should be anticipated and you really shouldn't be riding solo.

once piece of advice brock, or at least a general statement.

if you keep taking those ski's out to waters with 6 foot seas, your going to be repairing something about every 4th trip if your lucky, every other trip if your not.

big waves are not kind to ski's, motormounts, drivelines, cables, pumps, brackets, straps, supports, they're all going to start snapping in half on you left and right. This is just the beginning. ps... your out there riding solo again aren't you ? quite dangerous in the conditions your describing, only a matter of time before something bad happens.

so honestly, monthly repairs should be anticipated and you really shouldn't be riding solo.

not riding solo.......had the GF with me.....OCOD...what do you mean 2 people being hit by GF

well if you had the GF with you, then both of you should have ropes,
I got towed in Sunday myself, two xp's and we had 3 ropes to choose from,
two 12 foot dock lines, and a 50' sailing line for towing. (small but strong !)

every ski on the water should have a long rope for towing, and a short rope for the dock

well if you had the GF with you, then both of you should have ropes,
I got towed in Sunday myself, two xp's and we had 3 ropes to choose from,
two 12 foot dock lines, and a 50' sailing line for towing. (small but strong !)

every ski on the water should have a long rope for towing, and a short rope for the dock

what can i say ......i guess im a REBEL....LOL

You didn't see thread where GF hit him and blamed the ski.
I was saying you would of been #2

no i didnt see thaat one....guess ill have to search for it...yeah she was riding and the steering locks up and she yells at me saying i should not have been in front of her LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back