Need rear trailer tie downs for 96 Challenger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasJaeger

Where can I find the rear tie downs that connect the trailer to the stern of my boat? I have a 96 Challenger and one broke recently.

Thanks.

Almost any boat store, K-mart, trailer place, Sears, auto part store, and Harbor Freight (probably your best bet for the money) will have tie downs that will fit.

Spimothy Leary turn me onto the ratchet type. I like them but sometime the strap is a bit too long so check that.

Way too long guys, he needs transom straps. Short and sweet. The length of a ratchet strap (hook, loop, mechanism, strap, loop hook) exceeds the distance to tie down.

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-...l-kwik-lok-transom-tiedowns--P017_513_003_522

These SHOULD----SHOULD be close to the originals. They have an over center buckle. I can strap the back of my boat down is about 30 seconds and can be gone.

http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Doo-295100184-Trailer-Brace-Strap/dp/B00AWPH4Q6

They look a little long but once you get it to the correct set up you could cut the extra off and melt it over with a lighter like you would the end of a rope.

295100184sd_std.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a horror freight ratchet strap compared to an original over center strap. You can see the adjustable end is bottomed out in the ratchet, not even ratcheted.

579.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

In that case you could possibly ( i dont know if drive units are in way ) " X " them up top right to bottom left of trailer and top left to bottom right of trailer.

Rob

Yep for sure. The OEM style are really really nice. Those BRP ones I posted are only $20 a pop, the over center is so easy to work then you slide a little rubber tube over it so it can't pop loose. Mine have been set to the same length forever, pull on hook up the bow hook, make sure it's in the right place, clip the hooks on the trailer then the boat, and fold the over center down--DONE. You know you don't want to be "that guy" at the ramp jacking with straps, LOL.

Here's a horror freight ratchet strap compared to an original over center strap. You can see the adjustable end is bottomed out in the ratchet, not even ratcheted.

579.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I've never seen a hook pointing downwards...always out straight.
what ski is that hook on?

My Speedster jet boat, the OP is looking for straps similar I would assume since he has a 96 Challenger jet boat.

I have the ratchets on my 212SS. Not quite sure what brand or whatever, but I saw them at a local marina and had to get a pair.

It bolts to your trailer (loop for strap), and you just run it up to the transom mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back