Need more power and speed for my 97 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdweee

I have a 97 GTX, and im like any other guy in this world, i want more power and speed! What are some tips on what to get for more power and speed?

Impellor!

Usually, when we want to pump up our motor's you think of re-working the engine with high performance parts. A re-build would let you change the piston stroke and valves, etc, .....but with the Rotax engine, I don't know if that's even possible. I'm sure that it probably is...
I think the first and probably the least expensive would be to find an impellor with a different pitch. I'm sure there are aftermarket shops that sell this stuff. I think I even saw an ad on our website who primarly dealt in pumping up your PWC.......checkum out!...

boats for the most part have a hull speed. that is the fastest it wants to go thru the water without really being pushed hard. the GTX is around 45-50. you can get a longer impeller. you can get a high-compression head. you can cut the intake ports and transfer ports so that it screams but runs like crap at low rpm's. tuned expansion chamber for the exhaust. you can run 130 octane airplane fuel. you will go thru 3 or 4 engines a season and only go a little bit faster. OR; you could put that 787 into an XP and go about 60 to 65. the GTX is what it is. i love them. they outrun my hatteras.

i got the same machine to. the best is a after market impeller, preferably from solas, they got a good selection. But if you want to go beyond that, let me tell you that the best thing to do is to buy the k&n racing flame arrestors. you need to buy a bunch of adaptors, but it is easy to install. it set me back about 270$. worth every penny. but do the impeller first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back